DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need HELP please...details in post

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (1)

I need HELP please...details in post

I used easy root to root properly , then put on the Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM , but then I installed Smoke LFY(Theme) after the ROM and now my phone is completely haywire. It boots (and has some of the SLFY UI stuff) but it basically isn't operational and there's a constant error message in garbled text saying that something or other has stopped responding.

I've done all the backing up, but when I boot into recovery, I can't see any of the ROM Manager options... how do I find my backup ROMs? (Also, I can fight through the error messages and access the ROM Manager app in a pretty limited way (for example, I can't flash a clockwork recovery because it says there's no internet connection.)

(Oh, also when I first get into ROM Manager it gives me a "recovery failure" dialog... so, if I can get recovery mode to work, then I can flip back to an old ROM)

and now i reset it and cleared everything using the recovery menu and now it just keeps looping at the droid eye start up it wont start nor update in recovery mode please help.
    Last edited by martin2195; 08-24-2010 at 01:18 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by martin2195 View Post
    I used easy root to root properly , then put on the Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM , but then I installed Smoke LFY(Theme) after the ROM and now my phone is completely haywire. It boots (and has some of the SLFY UI stuff) but it basically isn't operational and there's a constant error message in garbled text saying that something or other has stopped responding.

I've done all the backing up, but when I boot into recovery, I can't see any of the ROM Manager options... how do I find my backup ROMs? (Also, I can fight through the error messages and access the ROM Manager app in a pretty limited way (for example, I can't flash a clockwork recovery because it says there's no internet connection.)

(Oh, also when I first get into ROM Manager it gives me a "recovery failure" dialog... so, if I can get recovery mode to work, then I can flip back to an old ROM)

and now i reset it and cleared everything using the recovery menu and now it just keeps looping at the droid eye start up it wont start nor update in recovery mode please help.
    What phone do you have? Dx, D1, D2, DInc?
    While understanding "How" may get the job done, understanding "Why" will get the job done properly.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbE404 View Post

What phone do you have? Dx, D1, D2, DInc?
    Scratch that last -question, I just noticed your phone in your profile (still working on that first cup of coffee.

Well, it looks like you are going to have to go the "longer way" to get back to a stable system and get to your last backup. Here is a thread with instructions and links to the files and utilities that you will need:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...-anything.html

The only thing that does not appear to be in that thread are the Motorola Drivers. Here is another resource with videos and links to those:

How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    While understanding "How" may get the job done, understanding "Why" will get the job done properly.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    When you say you've reset and cleared everything in the recovery menu are you saying you did a wipe of both data and cache? If you haven't try that and it will clear up everything.

I'm assuming you've done this but just double checking. Also I've moved you to the Rescue Squad for further assistance.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    before you rooted were you on 2.2 OTA?

If so link #3 in my sig.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    was LFY working before you applied the theme? if so, it sounds like you may have a corrupted dl of the theme. first, i would do a hard boot into recovery (hold "x" + power). then wipe data and cache (maybe a couple three times). then try to reflash the LFY rom (not the theme). if that works, then i would re-download the theme, put on sdcard, and try to install.

if reflashing the rom doesn't work, i would boot into recovery again and restore a nandroid backup (i'm assuming you made one after you rooted). then you can go about flashing your rom and themes again. just make sure to wipe...
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (1)
    i checked all of suggestions out and i didnt go to far in the tutorials (i wanted to see what other people said about this) i think it would be good to know that my phone is not opening in The clockwork mod i used when i boot into recovery and also yes the theme caused the problem the rom was fine until i put the theme in.

also i was on 2.2 when i rooted (manual update off a website)
    Last edited by martin2195; 08-24-2010 at 10:37 AM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (1)
    !!THANK YOU!! All of you especially EbE404
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    when you do a hard boot into recovery (hold "x", push power until screen comes on, and keep holding "x") what does your screen say?? it should say something like "ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1", and then should have menu choices of reboot system, wipe data, wipe cache, nandroid... (or something like that).
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    !!THANK YOU!! All of you especially EbE404
    Does this mean you got it sorted?

If so, great news!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links