DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help PLEASE. Rooted D1 can't get to recovery screen

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III

Help PLEASE. Rooted D1 can't get to recovery screen

SORRY SO LONG.
    I really need some help. I tried to do this all on my own without asking anything but I am having some problems. I have been reading several forums for about two weeks including this one.

Droid 1 Rooted 6/27

I installed
    SuperOneClick v1.7
    Rom Mgr
    TiBU
    Quadrnt Standrd
    Busybox

Followed this
    "Painless and Thorough ROM Switching in Under an Hour *Updated 6-28-10*" on Phandroid

Did Ti backup now I can't boot into recovery. All it is doing is giving me the Triangle with yellow exclamation point above phone.

Removed battery and powered on phone and it does work like normal
    BUT I can't get to recovery to flash the CyanogenMod 7.

It says the su binary is outdated, so I updated

Said I have update to Superuser (black and white skull cross bones pirate), so I updated now green android pirate

Have Cynomod saved on sd.

Tried when the little triangle with the ! shows up I hit the UP volume + camera at the same time to open a new menu.

I picked the option to reset to factory.. but no luck still boots into triangle screen no boot screen.

Tried naming the CYmod update.zip then selected it after following above no luck says E:abort. I hold X down and just get ! triangle w/ phone under

I donít know if I got OTA or if I can start over and reroot or what to do. Maybe use other programs to fix it. Install some other drivers. I just need some help.

This is my everyday phone and it is still working properly BUT I would like to mod it some so I can keep it a little while longer. I have an update available but choose not to take it at this time.

I am a NEWBIE to this and I don't know what to do. I know most of you guys have newer phones but any help is appreciated.

Please, pretty please

Thanks,
    Dana
    NEWBIE needs any help. Your patience and expertise is sincerely appreciated.

A huge THANKS to everyone that has helped me.

Thanks, Dana

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Previous Phone
    OG Droid Still using the OG to play around with ROMS and stuff.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    sounds to me like you don't have custom recovery .. give me a few minutes i will get you links to flash that
    ICE17N24 likes this.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

f
    ollow directions to flash custom recovery then you can install whatever rom you like
    ICE17N24 likes this.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Since you said you installed Rom Manager, did you use it to flash Clockworkmod Recovery? You can also use it to install the ROM "install ROM from SD Card" if you already have it downloaded.

Of course...first you have to do the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option at the top.
    ICE17N24 likes this.
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

f
    ollow directions to flash custom recovery then you can install whatever rom you like
    Thank you sir I have read that post earlier and had installed both of those file. Just haven't been able to try them yet.
    Thank you so much.
    Last edited by ICE17N24; 06-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks, Dana

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Previous Phone
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    Since you said you installed Rom Manager, did you use it to flash Clockworkmod Recovery? You can also use it to install the ROM "install ROM from SD Card" if you already have it downloaded.

Of course...first you have to do the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option at the top.
    I flashed clockwork earlier, been gone from home a little while. I will try to install the ROM from there. If that doesn't work then I will try the Motocache1 method.

Thanks so much

Thanks, Dana

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Previous Phone
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Liquified D1/CleanICS Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE17N24

I flashed clockwork earlier, been gone from home a little while. I will try to install the ROM from there. If that doesn't work then I will try the Motocache1 method.

Thanks so much
    Look into an SBF flash of CWMR Once the SBF gets to 99% done in rsd lite on directional pad hold right(portrait) or up(landscape) to let it verify the flash. Pick a rom. Go into recovery, wipe data, and then in partitions menu format system and boot. Flash rom then back all way out to main menu and reboot. Restore your apps/data and contacts. Enjoy!
    ICE17N24 likes this.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Update. Clockwork did install the CyanogenMod 7. I did have TiBU installed and did a backup on my system before I installed the ROM. Now after the Cyngm7 rom, I don't have TiBu installed anymore (or any other apps, contacts, etc...) How do I get all my info back. I told Clockwork to save it plus I had made a backup with TiBU. Now I just need to know how to set everything back up on my phone. I looked for the info here but there are so many post on TiBU that I can't find one relating to me (a NEWBIE wanting to learn.) Most of them are for people that know how to do it with specific problems.

I am sorry again for asking, but I am new to this and would like to learn. I know it is probably something simple.

Any Help is sincerely appreciated.
    Sincerely
    Dana

Edit SORRY ladies and gentlemen. I am an old retired US Customs Special Agent that got hurt on Duty. I just know how to arrest people,LOL. I am afraid of playing with the phone in fear of breaking it. I found file manager. All my stuff is in there how do I reinstall it.

Thanks
    Dana
    Last edited by ICE17N24; 06-28-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Cause I am just scared I guess.

Thanks, Dana

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Previous Phone
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Liquified D1/CleanICS Rezound
    Get Titanium Backup from the Play store/market. Also friendly tip: start using my backup root instead for apps. Only restore apps from Titanium Backup using a batch restore of missing apps.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    That didn't really help. I'll use any backup root you have if you explain to me how to get my info back. I went to the play store on the computer all the stuff is there also. I am really not a computer tech guy. I can install GPS trackers,logger,etc and wire a car with micro cameras cause I was taught all kinds of tech surveillance junk. I just don't know phones and computers. I have always had a comptr forensics guy for that. I am trying to learn this on my own and just don't get it. I guess what I am asking is how to get from pnt. a to pnt. b. I bought the TiBU pay version just now and can't get it sent over phone. I am guessing cause of the cynoMod. Now what. The phone isn't set up for google or nothing. I just don't know how to do it.

Once I get the hang of it I won't be asking any more stupid questions

Thanks again for your help
    Dana

Thanks, Dana

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Previous Phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links