DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bootloader , bricked ?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

bootloader , bricked ?

Okay so the other week my phone starts acting up while playing music, freezes and i try to restart it and get logo stuck. So I kept trying and then just got to the point of only seing bootloader. I have read forums on rsd, adb, you name it. This is a Droid 1 . Let me tell you some of the things i have already tried with no luck.

So Rsd lite i have tried like every different version on Windows 7 and Windows Xp machines.I cannot flash the sbf update files they just fail everytime. I can flash Sprecovery and get pass, and also i can flash RZR and pass. I can then boot into both recovery's everytime and not get bootloader. I have tried flashing zips , updates and they flash but when i boot i just get bootloader still. It acts like it wants to boot i see the M logo and then back to bootloader. Is it the wrong bootlaoder maybe ??? im getting the 2c 7 c bootloader.

when my phone broke i had just went from 2.2 to a steel droid custom rom 2.3.3 gingerbread. In fact when i do a wipe all under wipe options it says " may take awhile on gingerbread" This is after i even flash a 2.1 update or 2.2 or anything. I don't understand whats going on anymore. ITs like its not actually flashing the updates im telling it too .
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Moved to the rescue squad for further assistance.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbs16 View Post
    Okay so the other week my phone starts acting up while playing music, freezes and i try to restart it and get logo stuck. So I kept trying and then just got to the point of only seing bootloader. I have read forums on rsd, adb, you name it. This is a Droid 1 . Let me tell you some of the things i have already tried with no luck.

So Rsd lite i have tried like every different version on Windows 7 and Windows Xp machines.I cannot flash the sbf update files they just fail everytime. I can flash Sprecovery and get pass, and also i can flash RZR and pass. I can then boot into both recovery's everytime and not get bootloader. I have tried flashing zips , updates and they flash but when i boot i just get bootloader still. It acts like it wants to boot i see the M logo and then back to bootloader. Is it the wrong bootlaoder maybe ??? im getting the 2c 7 c bootloader.

when my phone broke i had just went from 2.2 to a steel droid custom rom 2.3.3 gingerbread. In fact when i do a wipe all under wipe options it says " may take awhile on gingerbread" This is after i even flash a 2.1 update or 2.2 or anything. I don't understand whats going on anymore. ITs like its not actually flashing the updates im telling it too .
    What does it say on the bootloader screen
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    most times it just says
    Bootloader
    2c.7c
    battery ok
    ok to program
    connect usb
    data cable

when i try to flash a actual rom sbf with rsd lite and it fails it wil say file curropt . then i cant get into sprecovery when it says that.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    most times it just says
    Bootloader
    2c.7c
    battery ok
    ok to program
    connect usb
    data cable

when i try to flash a actual rom sbf with rsd lite and it fails it wil say file curropt . then i cant get into sprecovery when it says that.
    Ok you're definitely not bricked I think you're jusT using the wrong sbf...google "root droid one regardless of os version" and use the sbf there. Sorry I'm on the road or I'd link it for you
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    I apologize...this is the thread I meant...use that sbf

SBF to root and to unroot
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    use what sbf ??? the first link you posted had sbf file and a update file. I did that already and it didn't work . I mean the sprecovery worked and it flashed the update but it didnt fix.

Your new link has like 6 options , i dont know what one to do ? I think im just using the wrong recovery file, update combination to be honest.

So i used the first link which was root droid regardless of version . it had a sbf file that i used . Now what do i do ? what sbf file do you want me to use, ands what update file
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Dude....just google Droid 1 sbf. I did this last night....found file....SBF'd D1....sent back to VZW today.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    use what sbf ??? the first link you posted had sbf file and a update file. I did that already and it didn't work . I mean the sprecovery worked and it flashed the update but it didnt fix.

Your new link has like 6 options , i dont know what one to do ? I think im just using the wrong recovery file, update combination to be honest.

So i used the first link which was root droid regardless of version . it had a sbf file that i used . Now what do i do ? what sbf file do you want me to use, ands what update file
    Just sbf back to stock...google for a working sbf
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jbyrd0514
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    Dude....just google Droid 1 sbf. I did this last night....found file....SBF'd D1....sent back to VZW today.
    So he can just use any sbf he wants? He needs the sbf that matches his system version.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links