DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Found a east way to get ringtones

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    where can you find normal rings? I just bought a X and I just want a ring no music or funny sounds! any help out there?
    Member #
    Figure i would put more about me here, im the coolest nerd youll meet. Xd
    Phone
    mot0rola drOid
    Quote Originally Posted by baicon View Post
    where can you find normal rings? I just bought a X and I just want a ring no music or funny sounds! any help out there?
    Hmm....Im not sure of any sites/apps. If i find one. Ill link you to the site or app.

P3Droid 1.1Lv
    Benchmark<1341>
    Motorola DROID

Former user of Kangerade and Chevy No 1!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Smile Ringtones...

I too spent my time on phonezoo and directed many customers to that site. You how ever have a smart phone. You can download directly from any site that has a direct link to a compatible file. Long press on the link to save the file, also works for videos.

I found that with phonezoo most people did not volume level their uploads so it will often blow speakers because of the distortion and loudness of some of the ringtones. I'm not trying to put in a shameless plug here but just offering an alternative. I run the site Mobile Content For Your BlackBerry® there are approximately 140 15 - 30 second clips of songs there to download that have been volume leveled and had most deep bass removed so as to not have bad distortion on the speakers. Yes you can download soundboards that will allow you to save files as ringtones. Why would I download a 6MB file to find 1 ringtone off a soundboard? Most of the soundboards I looked at were pretty much worth as much as I paid for them...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by baicon View Post
    When you say normal rings are you speaking of just like factory ringtones for older cell phones?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Thanks for the good info JB - I've always sent PHONEZOO ringtones from my PC to my phones in the past - I've deleted more than one or two when they hit my phone because they dont sound the same on the phone as they did thru the PC speakcers....and DUH...never occurred to me to do it right from the browser on my "new" phone (Its my first smart phone...sometimes I forget just how SMART it is!)

Is it safe to assume that the sound files on your sight are in a format that any Android phone will recognize? (I'm an LG Ally and not a Blackberry)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrill1012 View Post
    I too spent my time on phonezoo and directed many customers to that site. You how ever have a smart phone. You can download directly from any site that has a direct link to a compatible file. Long press on the link to save the file, also works for videos.

I found that with phonezoo most people did not volume level their uploads so it will often blow speakers because of the distortion and loudness of some of the ringtones. I'm not trying to put in a shameless plug here but just offering an alternative. I run the site Mobile Content For Your BlackBerry® there are approximately 140 15 - 30 second clips of songs there to download that have been volume leveled and had most deep bass removed so as to not have bad distortion on the speakers. Yes you can download soundboards that will allow you to save files as ringtones. Why would I download a 6MB file to find 1 ringtone off a soundboard? Most of the soundboards I looked at were pretty much worth as much as I paid for them...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by izzysmom View Post
    Thanks for the good info JB - I've always sent PHONEZOO ringtones from my PC to my phones in the past - I've deleted more than one or two when they hit my phone because they dont sound the same on the phone as they did thru the PC speakcers....and DUH...never occurred to me to do it right from the browser on my "new" phone (Its my first smart phone...sometimes I forget just how SMART it is!)

Is it safe to assume that the sound files on your sight are in a format that any Android phone will recognize? (I'm an LG Ally and not a Blackberry)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrill1012 View Post

All files on the site other than the one joke of a theme are compatible with all smart phones pretty much... some of the videos don't always download as the droid trys to download the php file instead of the actual video file itself. I was a technician for VZW for a little over 3 years so I saw what happens when people don't take into consideration the volume level of the ringtones they use... this is to include Verizon's own downloads. So I took it upon myself to go through and give people a place to download ringtones. I was constantly being asked where I got mine... considering I did them for myself I started taking requests and would post the files there for others to download.

Edit: I guess I really need to go through and revamp the site so it's really not BlackBerry® specific as I no longer use a BlackBerry® device and most of the files aren't specific to just BlackBerry's®
    Last edited by jbrill1012; 09-01-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added content
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    That's GREAT to know - thanks JB -- I will check it out your site when I'm not working later. Always looking for ringtones that match my contacts personality (and mine....)
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Phonezoo is alright, but It can sometimes be hard to sort out the good ones from the crappy ones...

I use use DroidRingtone
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Been on phonezoo for several years with several phones. I have found that I have to use ringdroid AFTER the download to assign the sound in the dowloads folder. I'm liking ringdroid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links