DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: I Found a east way to get ringtones

  1. Droid Newbie
    baicon's Avatar
    Member #
    94242
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid X
    #11
    where can you find normal rings? I just bought a X and I just want a ring no music or funny sounds! any help out there?
  2. motoDROID.FTW's Avatar
    Member #
    81629
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Figure i would put more about me here, im the coolest nerd youll meet. Xd
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    mot0rola drOid
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by baicon View Post
    where can you find normal rings? I just bought a X and I just want a ring no music or funny sounds! any help out there?
    Hmm....Im not sure of any sites/apps. If i find one. Ill link you to the site or app.

    P3Droid 1.1Lv
    Benchmark<1341>
    Motorola DROID




    Former user of Kangerade and Chevy No 1!
  3. Junior Droid
    jbrill1012's Avatar
    Member #
    110607
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13

    Smile Ringtones...

    I too spent my time on phonezoo and directed many customers to that site. You how ever have a smart phone. You can download directly from any site that has a direct link to a compatible file. Long press on the link to save the file, also works for videos.

    I found that with phonezoo most people did not volume level their uploads so it will often blow speakers because of the distortion and loudness of some of the ringtones. I'm not trying to put in a shameless plug here but just offering an alternative. I run the site Mobile Content For Your BlackBerry® there are approximately 140 15 - 30 second clips of songs there to download that have been volume leveled and had most deep bass removed so as to not have bad distortion on the speakers. Yes you can download soundboards that will allow you to save files as ringtones. Why would I download a 6MB file to find 1 ringtone off a soundboard? Most of the soundboards I looked at were pretty much worth as much as I paid for them...
  4. Junior Droid
    jbrill1012's Avatar
    Member #
    110607
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by baicon View Post
    where can you find normal rings? I just bought a X and I just want a ring no music or funny sounds! any help out there?
    When you say normal rings are you speaking of just like factory ringtones for older cell phones?
  5. Droid
    izzysmom's Avatar
    Member #
    81387
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    #15
    Thanks for the good info JB - I've always sent PHONEZOO ringtones from my PC to my phones in the past - I've deleted more than one or two when they hit my phone because they dont sound the same on the phone as they did thru the PC speakcers....and DUH...never occurred to me to do it right from the browser on my "new" phone (Its my first smart phone...sometimes I forget just how SMART it is!)

    Is it safe to assume that the sound files on your sight are in a format that any Android phone will recognize? (I'm an LG Ally and not a Blackberry)

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrill1012 View Post
    I too spent my time on phonezoo and directed many customers to that site. You how ever have a smart phone. You can download directly from any site that has a direct link to a compatible file. Long press on the link to save the file, also works for videos.

    I found that with phonezoo most people did not volume level their uploads so it will often blow speakers because of the distortion and loudness of some of the ringtones. I'm not trying to put in a shameless plug here but just offering an alternative. I run the site Mobile Content For Your BlackBerry® there are approximately 140 15 - 30 second clips of songs there to download that have been volume leveled and had most deep bass removed so as to not have bad distortion on the speakers. Yes you can download soundboards that will allow you to save files as ringtones. Why would I download a 6MB file to find 1 ringtone off a soundboard? Most of the soundboards I looked at were pretty much worth as much as I paid for them...
  6. Junior Droid
    jbrill1012's Avatar
    Member #
    110607
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by izzysmom View Post
    Thanks for the good info JB - I've always sent PHONEZOO ringtones from my PC to my phones in the past - I've deleted more than one or two when they hit my phone because they dont sound the same on the phone as they did thru the PC speakcers....and DUH...never occurred to me to do it right from the browser on my "new" phone (Its my first smart phone...sometimes I forget just how SMART it is!)

    Is it safe to assume that the sound files on your sight are in a format that any Android phone will recognize? (I'm an LG Ally and not a Blackberry)

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrill1012 View Post
    I too spent my time on phonezoo and directed many customers to that site. You how ever have a smart phone. You can download directly from any site that has a direct link to a compatible file. Long press on the link to save the file, also works for videos.

    I found that with phonezoo most people did not volume level their uploads so it will often blow speakers because of the distortion and loudness of some of the ringtones. I'm not trying to put in a shameless plug here but just offering an alternative. I run the site Mobile Content For Your BlackBerry® there are approximately 140 15 - 30 second clips of songs there to download that have been volume leveled and had most deep bass removed so as to not have bad distortion on the speakers. Yes you can download soundboards that will allow you to save files as ringtones. Why would I download a 6MB file to find 1 ringtone off a soundboard? Most of the soundboards I looked at were pretty much worth as much as I paid for them...
    All files on the site other than the one joke of a theme are compatible with all smart phones pretty much... some of the videos don't always download as the droid trys to download the php file instead of the actual video file itself. I was a technician for VZW for a little over 3 years so I saw what happens when people don't take into consideration the volume level of the ringtones they use... this is to include Verizon's own downloads. So I took it upon myself to go through and give people a place to download ringtones. I was constantly being asked where I got mine... considering I did them for myself I started taking requests and would post the files there for others to download.

    Edit: I guess I really need to go through and revamp the site so it's really not BlackBerry® specific as I no longer use a BlackBerry® device and most of the files aren't specific to just BlackBerry's®
    Last edited by jbrill1012; 09-01-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added content
  7. Droid
    izzysmom's Avatar
    Member #
    81387
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    #17
    That's GREAT to know - thanks JB -- I will check it out your site when I'm not working later. Always looking for ringtones that match my contacts personality (and mine....)
  8. Droid Newbie
    DroidRingtone's Avatar
    Member #
    125562
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid
    #18
    Phonezoo is alright, but It can sometimes be hard to sort out the good ones from the crappy ones...

    I use use DroidRingtone
  9. Senior Droid
    tnronin's Avatar
    Member #
    156231
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    239
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #19
    Been on phonezoo for several years with several phones. I have found that I have to use ringdroid AFTER the download to assign the sound in the dowloads folder. I'm liking ringdroid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. PDANet vs. East Tether
    By erich93063 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 04:00 PM
  2. Found new ringtones on my phone
    By CoreyT in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 08:52 AM
  3. Found "Lost" Droid Ringtones / Notifications
    By Liquid Fusion in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 12:43 AM
  4. East coast morning buyers, post camera clicking issues
    By mjs31 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 11:08 AM
  5. Hello from North East
    By Boris Badenov in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:33 PM

Search tags for this page

best android ringtone app to purchase
,

best place to get ringtones for android

,
best way to get ringtones droid
,

best way to get ringtones for android

,

best way to get ringtones for droid

,

best way to get ringtones on android

,
best way to get ringtones on droid
,
phone zoo droid 4
,
phone zoo to droid ringtones not working
,
whats a good way to get text tones for droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+