DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Motorola Droid Ringtones Thread

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by djstar2k2 View Post
    android market has a program called ring droid that u can make the ring tone on your phone. but i prefer to use ring tone media studio. its easier cuz the mp3 or whatever will be on ur hd any so u can chop it and plug in the droid and send to ur sd card
    actually i havent been able to find that in the market iono if im just looking in the wrong place. anyone else have that problem?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy6916 View Post
    Wanted to let everyone know that if you just put a folder called "ringtones" on your SDcard you can place whatever you want there and it's good to go. Not sure if this is already known so I figured I'd pass it on! BTW, if you don't have a droid yet, GET ONE!!! I got mine at 6:00 AM today and it is AWESOME!
    Ok...I feel like I'm missing a step.

I made a directory called "ringtones" and put in it the sound files I used as ringtones on my e815. When I go to browse ringtones on the droid they're not there. What'd I miss?
    I create a directory called RINGTONES (all upper case) and the files in there are showing in my ringtone list.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    the droid is not an option yet.....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    I copied the SD card folder "My Ringtones" from my HTC Touch Pro onto my Droid's micro SD card and was pulling my hair out trying to get them to be ringtones. After reading Badguy's post (Rep for you my man if they had it here) I renamed the folder "ringtones" and, instantly, all my ringtones showed up in the ringtone list under settings.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Okay I'm still doing something wrong. I anchor the Droid onto my computer, and it is recognized. I create a folder called ringtones right there, nothing. I edit it to be in all caps, RINGTONES, still nothing.

Since this is my first phone since the RAZR from way back when, I'm not sure of everything one can do with this phone. I have three folders,

amazonmp3
    DCIM
    LOST.DIR

and now RINGTONES makes the fourth folder, any suggestions?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Okay, I did a test and found something pretty weird. I put a song in the file RINGTONES, and nothing happened. So to test things out further, I put a different song in every folder, and one finally came up.

The one that didn't show up, didn't have any extra information attached to it (Like Artist, Album, etc) and started with a number. The other song did have all of that extra info attached and did show up, any idea what is going on? Both are mp3 so that isn't the issue.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay, I've found that the Droid lists your mp3 ringtones under their mp3 title, not the filename. I copied all my old ringtones into a folder, then went through the process of editing the Title, either in the properties or, much easier, in the properties bar at the bottom of the Windows 7 file window. I like keeping my tones at the top of the list, so I added a * before each title.

Once you unmount the phone, they should appear in your ringtone list. Hope this helps!

(If anybody knows how to make custom notification sounds, that'd be great!)
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Never mind the notification request. Just discovered that you do the exact same thing in a NOTIFICATIONS folder on your SD card.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm not the most technical soooo bear wit me I finally figured out how to download my itunes music (instructions can be found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...nes-app-2.html )
    Now I need a tutorial on how to set up this file on the SD card you all speak of. Unless someone wants to be kind enough to explain it here
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    My wife figured out the ring tone for me Once the music is saved on the phone simply select the song, hit the menu (lines icon at bottom 2nd left) button and it has a "set as ring tone" option. Man I'm glad I brought this phone!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links