DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Maps and Navigation Gone?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsnk95 View Post
    I love the new Google Maps update. Navigation is built into the app now. No need to open a separate app for navigation. Not sure why everyone here is so upset.
    I think a more apt description for the new Maps would be "Navigation is now hidden inside of Maps". Once you do find Navigation you can't get to contacts and you have to do several taps on different buttons to finally start navigating.
    Last edited by Razrhead; 07-25-2013 at 08:52 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Personally I was very happy with my blue button and all the capabilities. It just seems the new version is not as handy. Voice speak destination was a favorite along with estimated travel time along with the updated time as you traveled. These things may be in the new version but it seems I'll have to jump through some hoops if I can find these things. A nice you tube or google video would be helpful for the new version.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    I love the new Google Maps update. Navigation is built into the app now. No need to open a separate app for navigation. Not sure why everyone here is so upset.
    I never had any use for Maps. I always went to Navigation. For me, Google went bass ackwards.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    I thought the new Maps update was OK...until I put my phone in my car dock. It was not dock friendly, so I uninstalled the update. Calls & texts didn't work right, etc. Personal choice...not saying everyone should do that. I just like my phone to work in my car dock.
    For Whom The Bell Tolls...Time Marches On
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    I tired using the new Maps yesterday and I'm not impressed. They took away the blue line on the road to show you where you're going, as well as the next upcoming turn and road number thing. Luckily I found out that if you input your destination into Google Now, you get the previous Navigation style experience. I'll be using that instead of Maps from now on.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenzy View Post
    I tired using the new Maps yesterday and I'm not impressed. They took away the blue line on the road to show you where you're going, as well as the next upcoming turn and road number thing. Luckily I found out that if you input your destination into Google Now, you get the previous Navigation style experience. I'll be using that instead of Maps from now on.
    I did a FDR on my phone and Navigation came back. I also reinstalled the GO Launcher EX (Previously tried Nova, then Apex). Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Maybe my phone hadn't run the update yet which deleted Navigation and integrated it into Maps...possibly.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I did a FDR on my phone and Navigation came back. I also reinstalled the GO Launcher EX (Previously tried Nova, then Apex). Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Maybe my phone hadn't run the update yet which deleted Navigation and integrated it into Maps...possibly.
    The FDR reverted the Maps app back to factory version, that's why you have the blue Nav arrow (app). If the Maps app updates on your phone, you will have the new version, without the seperate Nav app.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    For Whom The Bell Tolls...Time Marches On
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links