DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What exactly did this UPDATE give me??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3

What exactly did this UPDATE give me??

I just updated my RAZR to 4.1.2. Is this ICS? What exactly did I get with this update? All I can see is the top bar is a little different. Scrolling from home screens seems faster ( I have GO LAUNCHER). I actually discovered the update by accident. I was on this forum searching for instructions for rooting and when I went to look for my phones version I saw the update. My phone has been soooo very slow lately, and my memory is routinely at around 11%. I have deleted all unused and unnecessary apps, but I have a buttload of bloatware on my phone. I just hope this update makes it better and not worse.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BindiBoop View Post
    I just updated my RAZR to 4.1.2. Is this ICS? What exactly did I get with this update? All I can see is the top bar is a little different. Scrolling from home screens seems faster ( I have GO LAUNCHER). I actually discovered the update by accident. I was on this forum searching for instructions for rooting and when I went to look for my phones version I saw the update. My phone has been soooo very slow lately, and my memory is routinely at around 11%. I have deleted all unused and unnecessary apps, but I have a buttload of bloatware on my phone. I just hope this update makes it better and not worse.
    You are on jelly bean, and as for what you got in this update, im still on ics, but i think in jb you can get rid of alot of bloat

razr on 215 leak
    Last edited by xtor; 03-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Memory at 11%.... wow.... do you mean RAM? (i.e. in the Manage Apps section, on the "Running" tab) Are you seeing something like 740MB used there... yikes

4.1.2 is JB, which version did you update from/to? The System Version 98.72.8.XT912 ("the Xmas Eve Leak") or the new 98.72.16.XT912

If you went from the .8 to the .16 version.... well I haven't noticed any real GUI changes yet, just hoping it was bug fixes because certain apps (Chrome, etc) would lag a lot, sometimes going back to the home screen out of an app would start from a blank screen first and then populate with icons in 3-8 seconds, etc

If you've got bloatware, you can freeze most of them and remove some of them. Do some searching and if there's crap running you don't want, get rid of it.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jp233 View Post
    Memory at 11%.... wow.... do you mean RAM? (i.e. in the Manage Apps section, on the "Running" tab) Are you seeing something like 740MB used there... yikes

4.1.2 is JB, which version did you update from/to? The System Version 98.72.8.XT912 ("the Xmas Eve Leak") or the new 98.72.16.XT912

If you went from the .8 to the .16 version.... well I haven't noticed any real GUI changes yet, just hoping it was bug fixes because certain apps (Chrome, etc) would lag a lot, sometimes going back to the home screen out of an app would start from a blank screen first and then populate with icons in 3-8 seconds, etc

If you've got bloatware, you can freeze most of them and remove some of them. Do some searching and if there's crap running you don't want, get rid of it.
    Yes, RAM, right now (after I closed all running apps) I have 248MB free. When I go to my System Manger App., it is down to 186MB (21%), and normally when I check that, it's at around 11-13%. It does seem to be a tiny bit higher since my update.

I updated from system version 6.16.211.xt912, I did not get the xmas eve leak.

I have a LOT of apps on my phone I dont use and don't want that are just taking up space (google play books, google play music, slacker, vz navigator, google pay movies, mog mobile music, nfl mobile,verizon tunes, google+, motoactv, videosurf video discovery) , how do I freeze them or remove them if I am not rooted? Would it be worth it to root my phone?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    You can Stop apps with ICS and JB. Just go into the Manage Apps section. There is a list of stuff that is safe to freeze (look in the stickies here or in the RAZR Support forum), not sure if it's been scrubbed yet since JB came out though.

I just looked at mine (which I rooted last night though), and I'm seeing 513MB used and 328MB free. I have 262 apps total.

You should be able to stop a few of those apps, like Slacker etc. Now that I'm rooted I'm going to see about getting rid of MOG and some other stuff, because I don't use a lot of the functionality on the device.... just want it to be smooth and fast (which it is, but who doesn't look for more horsepower if it doesn't break anything?)

Links