DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How to get the REAL Circles widget on OG RAZR

  1. Developer Relations
    GoCliffGo05's Avatar
    Member #
    282320
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,377
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    #21

    Re: How to get the REAL Circles widget on OG RAZR

    All you need to do is move the apk from /data/app (or wherever it is) to system/app (not data/system just system/app) and make sure the permissions and owners match and reboot. Did this a lot on my old X2. Once its in /system/app and all the permissions and owners match the files around it it will be a system app. I use root explorer btw.

    As for permissions, all my system apps are rw-r--r-- and the owners are both set to 0-root. Make sure to click the Mount R/W button at the top of root explorer to change it to Mount R/O before you try to make the changes.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GoCliffGo05; 01-21-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    FoxKat likes this.



    "She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  2. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 View Post
    All you need to do is move the apk from /data/app (or wherever it is) to system/app (not data/system just system/app) and make sure the permissions and owners match and reboot. Did this a lot on my old X2. Once its in /system/app and all the permissions and owners match the files around it it will be a system app. I use root explorer btw.

    As for permissions, all my system apps are rw-r--r-- and the owners are both set to 0-root. Make sure to click the Mount R/W button at the top of root explorer to change it to Mount R/O before you try to make the changes.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Go cliff is spot on! The file is com. Motorola. Homescreen. Apk
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Krenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    261225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #23
    I followed the steps and now my GPS button doesn't force.close my home screen, so that's fixed! But now I can't get my circles widget on the screen; it says it's not supported on third party yada yada. Should I have moved the circles apk to system apps, too?
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenzy View Post
    I followed the steps and now my GPS button doesn't force.close my home screen, so that's fixed! But now I can't get my circles widget on the screen; it says it's not supported on third party yada yada. Should I have moved the circles apk to system apps, too?
    Did you reboot after you switched the files?
  5. Master Droid
    Krenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    261225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #25
    Yes I did. But in my data/apps home screen.apk and circles widget.APM were two separate files.
  6. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenzy View Post
    Yes I did. But in my data/apps home screen.apk and circles widget.APM were two separate files.
    I changed my circles to a system file, but it's kind of odd it doesn't work because mine worked both ways. Are You able to add other widgets to your home screen?
  7. Master Droid
    Krenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    261225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #27
    Yeah, but I didn't change my circles to a system file, as I only saw posted to change the home screen one. I'll go move the circles widget to system.
  8. Master Droid
    Krenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    261225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #28
    Alright the homescreen, circles, and blur-weather apks all got moved to system/apps, but I'm still getting the same error.
  9. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Krenzy View Post
    Alright the homescreen, circles, and blur-weather apks all got moved to system/apps, but I'm still getting the same error.
    You might want to try reinstalling the circle widget and see if that works. I'm honestly not sure why that's happening.
  10. Master Droid
    Krenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    261225
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #30
    OK because it worked just fine until I moved stuff around. How do I go about reinstalling it?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Circles Widget
    By redman50 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
  2. circles widget
    By joshxdroid in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
  3. Razr M circles widget .apk
    By teksavag in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 07:09 PM
  4. circles widget
    By hayn in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM
  5. Droid Razr M Circles Widget Help.
    By TDMCC in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM

Search tags for this page

circles widget for droid razr

,

circles widget razr

,

droid razr circle widget

,

droid razr circles widget

,
how to get circle widget on droid razr
,
motorola circles widget apk
,

razr circles widget

,
razr m circle widget download
,

the circles widget is not supported on 3rd party home screen

,
widget android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+