DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean Update Failed

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Just be patient.

It is possible that the update was released by mistake. First major update I've seen without a prior soak test.

Also possible that their servers are being overloaded since word is now out and everyone is impatiently checking for updates. Also, motorola has a habit of releasing updates in bursts... some will get it while others will not.

Same thing happened with ICS. Everyone was impatient and complaining that it would never come out... when it dis, everyone was rushing to get it and a day later, everyone was complaining. Give it a rest and enjoy the holidays. Your phone will survive a few more days without it.

David
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyJ859 View Post
    Yes, it is entirely possible that that is the case. Just still frustrating as to why the update is no longer available to those that originally received an update notification.
    They has the power to see what ESN's are currently pulling the update, and they can easily terminate all connections to the server. Sucks, but they can do it.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    They has the power to see what ESN's are currently pulling the update, and they can easily terminate all connections to the server. Sucks, but they can do it.
    Weird thing is that I successfully downloaded and installed the update on my wife's Razr after I noticed that it wasn't downloading on mine.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Just be patient.

It is possible that the update was released by mistake. First major update I've seen without a prior soak test.

Also possible that their servers are being overloaded since word is now out and everyone is impatiently checking for updates. Also, motorola has a habit of releasing updates in bursts... some will get it while others will not.

Same thing happened with ICS. Everyone was impatient and complaining that it would never come out... when it dis, everyone was rushing to get it and a day later, everyone was complaining. Give it a rest and enjoy the holidays. Your phone will survive a few more days without it.

David
    Very wise words. I think that's what I'll do. Not like my phone was in any dire need of the update in the first place.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Jelly Bean Failure, Now Says "Up To Date" with ICS

This a.m. my Razr Maxx also attempted the Jelly Bean update. I never got a download status bar - but if I went into the system settings and told it to look for up dates, it said it was in the process of updating.

Eventually, I received the dreaded "download suspended" notification. After forever and a day, I rebooted the phone, cleared cache, reset the SIM card, rebooted several more times, turned off data, WiFi, alternated between them.
    Etc etc etc etc.

Now it just says I'm up-to-date, but I am still in ICS. Possibly their servers are overloaded? Maybe the pulled the update temporarily?

I dunno. But I am disappointed.
    Last edited by Lacuna; 12-24-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Weird line breaks.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
    Weird thing is that I successfully downloaded and installed the update on my wife's Razr after I noticed that it wasn't downloading on mine.
    I'm currently questioning Motorola reps about that now. They are saying that there in no available update (sticking to that HARD) and avoiding any questions directed to them about other RAZR users already having it.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    I'm currently questioning Motorola reps about that now. They are saying that there in no available update (sticking to that HARD) and avoiding any questions directed to them about other RAZR users already having it.
    lolz then this was clearly a mistake on their end, wow. this is kinda comical lol
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    lolz then this was clearly a mistake on their end, wow. this is kinda comical lol
    Rob: Claire, I know that's what is being "said". If that is the case, why do so many RAZR users now have the Jelly Bean update?
    Rob: As I said, I've seen the chart.
    Rob: And if my device was up to date. Why did I receive a notification and ATTEMPTED download of new OTA software?
    Claire: The Jelly Bean update is already available for Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD.
    Claire: There would be a possibility that it is one of the updates for your downloaded applications.
    Rob: I know this. These are RAZR (not Maxx or HD) users reporting thise.
    Rob: I don't think so. This was a software update with the same build number as the Jelly Bean OS
    Claire: I apologize but we cannot push the update because it is not yet available.
    Rob: Oh, Claire. Are you covering up for a Motorola mistake?

Then you'll love that. Ha
    Lacuna and Trash Can like this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Rob: Claire, I know that's what is being "said". If that is the case, why do so many RAZR users now have the Jelly Bean update?
    Rob: As I said, I've seen the chart.
    Rob: And if my device was up to date. Why did I receive a notification and ATTEMPTED download of new OTA software?
    Claire: The Jelly Bean update is already available for Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD.
    Claire: There would be a possibility that it is one of the updates for your downloaded applications.
    Rob: I know this. These are RAZR (not Maxx or HD) users reporting thise.
    Rob: I don't think so. This was a software update with the same build number as the Jelly Bean OS
    Claire: I apologize but we cannot push the update because it is not yet available.
    Rob: Oh, Claire. Are you covering up for a Motorola mistake?

Then you'll love that. Ha
    post a link to the Droid Life story lol
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I don't know the link. If you give it to me I'd be more than happy to post this whole conversation.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links