DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: suckage!

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun
    I don't care what smartphone you are using (iPhone, Galaxy, Nexus, HTC...whatever) if 82% of the battery used was used by the screen your charge is not going to last more than 3 or 4 hours. The screen is by far the largest consumer of battery. If you're watching a full length movie from start to finish then you're using a lot of battery to "drive" that screen. It would be interesting to know how long (hours/mins) the phone reports the screen was on. You can determine that by long pressing the "Screen" item in the battery display screen (like the one you posted) and it will tell you how long the screen was on.
    Kudos.
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Yes it is a phone, but it is also a portable computer.
    Unfortunately battery development has not kept up with the different market demands [cell phones, laptops, electric powered automobiles].
    Until there is a new, smaller, more potent battery, this is what we have to live with.
    So we have to adjust our usage to eek the best battery life with what we have.
    If the screen is on a lot, the battery will not last very long.
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGadgets
    Yes it is a phone, but it is also a portable computer.
    Unfortunately battery development has not kept up with the different market demands [cell phones, laptops, electric powered automobiles].
    Until there is a new, smaller, more potent battery, this is what we have to live with.
    So we have to adjust our usage to eek the best battery life with what we have.
    If the screen is on a lot, the battery will not last very long.

I still believe the manufacturers should develop a standardized test and be required to disclose screen time. I.e. movie play back or something like that.
    Way too many people think because you can talk on a phone (their standard test) for 20 hours you can play angry birds for 20 plus hours or watch movies for 20 hours or surf the net for 20 hours.
    Yes, every advancement in technology requires more energy. Faster processors, larger/denser pixels all require more juice. I'm all for nuclear powered phones.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I'm for a phone powered by a mouse in a wheel if it would give more than 2 hrs of life!
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by teksavag
    I'm for a phone powered by a mouse in a wheel if it would give more than 2 hrs of life!
    With the new super mice they can run 10-12 hours nonstop, proves science excels faster than technology.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I also hear that they will be bringing a warp core online later this year...
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Scotty give her all she has, plus some more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links