DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Unusual Battery Drain

  1. Senior Droid
    bosshog85's Avatar
    Member #
    214004
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #1

    Unusual Battery Drain

    For some reason my phone has been getting poor battery life. I keep my data connection turned off 95% of the day and I'm lucky if I get 10 hours on a charge. I switched my data to LTE instead of global with no luck. Brightness is on almost low.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Ksupernor2's Avatar
    Member #
    260469
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    137
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    #2
    Try wiping the cache partition. Just do a Google search and there are instructions out there.
    LG G2
  3. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshog85 View Post
    For some reason my phone has been getting poor battery life. I keep my data connection turned off 95% of the day and I'm lucky if I get 10 hours on a charge. I switched my data to LTE instead of global with no luck. Brightness is on almost low.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Well, determining what is draining your battery is a process of elimination. Depending on how old your Razr is you could be experiencing an aging battery, but let's dismiss that possible cause for right now. If you have bluetooth, GPS or WiFi turned on but are not in an area where you can connect to any device/service to use those capabilities the phone may continue to "search" for a connection thus running down your battery. The other common culprit is a task killer...they will drain you battery and most often cause more problems than they are worth. Widgets that sync (via WiFi or data) can cause a drain if they are set to sync every minute or so. If you use Motocast or a cloud service like Google Drive, My Music etc, depending on your settings, your phone and that service can be syncing in the background without you knowing or realizing the constant exchange of information. If you stream video or music it will use significant battery over time. If none of the above fits then I recommend you download an app from Play Store like Watchdog (there are others) that will monitor and report what is running/using data on your phone. You'll need to install the app and let it monitor for several hours to get a good idea of the apps using battery and the data being sync'd. Hope this helps.
  4. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,944
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #4

    Re: Unusual Battery Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Well, determining what is draining your battery is a process of elimination. Depending on how old your Razr is you could be experiencing an aging battery, but let's dismiss that possible cause for right now. If you have bluetooth, GPS or WiFi turned on but are not in an area where you can connect to any device/service to use those capabilities the phone may continue to "search" for a connection thus running down your battery. The other common culprit is a task killer...they will drain you battery and most often cause more problems than they are worth. Widgets that sync (via WiFi or data) can cause a drain if they are set to sync every minute or so. If you use Motocast or a cloud service like Google Drive, My Music etc, depending on your settings, your phone and that service can be syncing in the background without you knowing or realizing the constant exchange of information. If you stream video or music it will use significant battery over time. If none of the above fits then I recommend you download an app from Play Store like Watchdog (there are others) that will monitor and report what is running/using data on your phone. You'll need to install the app and let it monitor for several hours to get a good idea of the apps using battery and the data being sync'd. Hope this helps.
    +1 for watchdog or gsam... the app sucker feature will help you find any rogue apps that might be taking up or causing unnecessary cycles from the processor.. :thumbup:
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Master Droid
    jaye712's Avatar
    Member #
    261054
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1

    +1 for watchdog or gsam... the app sucker feature will help you find any rogue apps that might be taking up or causing unnecessary cycles from the processor.. :thumbup:
    Good information ya"ll..imma check that watchdog

    RAZR215unrooted
  6. Senior Droid
    bosshog85's Avatar
    Member #
    214004
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #6
    I'll try wiping my cache and see what that does.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    jaye712's Avatar
    Member #
    261054
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshog85
    I'll try wiping my cache and see what that does.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Its a good start.i normally do that every 2/3 weeks just cuz

    RAZR215unrooted

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Unusual Sudden Battery Drain
    By ascreen06 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 05:05 PM
  2. Looking for Battery Drain
    By wormwood in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 10:21 PM
  3. Circular battery meter, low battery drain, no root needed
    By mountainbikermark in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  4. Battery drain not linear?(good battery life though)
    By dpaine88 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
  5. Normal Battery Drain vs. Faulty Battery
    By blunta in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 10:06 AM

Search tags for this page

battery drain droid razr
,
droid razr battery drain
,
droid razr m battery discharging
,

droid razr m battery drain

,

droid x2 battery drain

,
razor battery runs dow
,
razr battery drain
,

razr m battery drain

,
razr m battery draining
,
what is draining droid razr m battery
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+