DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What's your battery life like with out sacrificing too much.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD

What's your battery life like with out sacrificing too much.

Does any one here use their phone umm, normally? Ish.. I get about 3+ screen time on my phone right now. I have it on 3G all day do a lot of texting, a few calls and browse the web and use my social apps. It's not heavy heavy use because I don't really watch any videos or make long calls. I'm never on Wi-Fi, don't use Smart Actions or any kind of Battery extenders. I do have sync and GPS turned off unless I need it. I don't consider myself to be a heavy user. Moderate. Now I know that some people get better battery life but that's do to them sacrificing a lot of the phone's functionality. Does any one use the phone like I described? What is your battery life like?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by djspy View Post
    Does any one here use their phone umm, normally? Ish.. I get about 3+ screen time on my phone right now. I have it on 3G all day do a lot of texting, a few calls and browse the web and use my social apps. It's not heavy heavy use because I don't really watch any videos or make long calls. I'm never on Wi-Fi, don't use Smart Actions or any kind of Battery extenders. I do have sync and GPS turned off unless I need it. I don't consider myself to be a heavy user. Moderate. Now I know that some people get better battery life but that's do to them sacrificing a lot of the phone's functionality. Does any one use the phone like I described? What is your battery life like?
    Not sure if you have a Razr or a RazrMaxx. The difference between the two as far as battery life, assuming similar usage pattern, can be pretty dramatic. I use my phone pretty much the same as you and get at least 24-30 hours between charges. I had a Razr prior to the Maxx and was able to go all day (0600-2300) and have at least 50% battery left. I don't know if this information is helpful. There are several keys to prolonged battery life: 1) Turn your phone off (power off) before charging 2) use the charger and cable that came with your phone, 3) battery training...there are a number of threads on this forum written by FoxKat regarding how to "condition" your battery...it would be good to read them, 4) a big battery drainer is screen-on time and brightness...set you display to turn off after 30 seconds of non use and turn the brightness down to as low as you can...30% is a pretty good level in doors, 5) use WiFi when available for web browsing and downloading data instead of 3g/4g. Hope this helped.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by djspy View Post
    My use is very similar to what you have listed and some days my battery is at 30-40% in the early evening. If I turn on 4G then it is worse. I have looked at doing the MAXX battery swap but it seems like the risks outweigh the rewards.
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by djspy

I charge my phone late afternoon, so from 6 in the evening to to 7 in the morning I would be at 40% give or take 10%. I'm a night owl that texts etc. Nonstop for hours. About the same screen time. Now I have the maxx and it'll be at 70% in the am.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    Thanks for the responses guys. It seems that I am getting the battery life I should be getting based on my use. I too wanted to do the Maxx upgrade but was too chicken to do it lol I sure I didn't have to worry and monitor my battery though.
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Also, my gsam battery meter said 23 hours with my razr and my razr maxx has it at 1 day 11 hours average battery life.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4s
    Idk if it helps but i am a very heavy user there are times i have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day but my average is about 12-14 hours till 30% and thats if im using wifi but like now im in a 4g area and my battery life has plummeted but i will show u this which is my current all time record and i have the regular RAZR of course i hardly touched it in those 2 days obviously

Sent from my DROID RAZR IN BLUE! using Droid Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's your battery life like with out sacrificing too much.-screenshot_2012-09-11-14-45-02.png  
    Last edited by sniperf250; 09-26-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    my signature should be right here but... im to lazy to add one

Links