DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tomatofoot

Thread: 2 annoying things with Droid Razr

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2

2 annoying things with Droid Razr

Jus got it the other day and overall I do like this phone a lot.

2 issues that are bugging me

1. This doesn't happend all the time but enough to annoy me.

When i got to the play store to download some apps or whatever for the phone, it hangs. Like i hit install and then it shows the little blue line but it just hangs...it doesn't download at all.

Sometimes i have to stop the download and then hit it try again and see if it will work(usually 3-5 times) and eventually it does.

At worse, I have to restart the phone entirely.

2. I have over 1,000 photos in my phone and this really bugs me. On my older Android phones, when you go to albums/gallery or whatever the manufacturer calls it...they have each album listed.

In the droid razr,
    A. i click my galler
    B. Once inside i hit my library and brings me to all videos or all photos.

I can only view all 1,000+ photos in All photos. Which is annoying when you are trying to find a particular picture be it from a party or a vacation or whatever.

I've downloaded an app called Fish Bowl photo and it shows all my pics in their respective album but i am not fond of the app(the photo doesn't rotate when you rotate the phone).

is there a way to fix moto's album app?
    Last edited by babymilo; 09-16-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I fixed number 2 by downloading Quickpic

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorrola RAZR
    Regarding your pic issues.

I use QuickPic. It sorts the pics into whatever folder... and lets me hide certain pics.

Sent from my stock DROID RAZR
    tjk629 likes this.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I also use quickpic. The other thing you can so its manually add tags then the stock gallery will sort then by tag for you. The only draw back to this is it's a pain adding tags to all you're existing photos. Once you've done so it's pretty easy to keep up. That's what i was doing before i found quickpic. Quickpic will sort them by downloads, camera, ect. As far as the download lock up problem, I've never experienced that. I don't have any help for you, maybe someone else will
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    On the pics as well....the stock "my gallery". Open it. Click on my library. Upper left corner is an icon. If the label says timeline then all the pics will display at once, sorted by date. Instead of timeline select folders after pressing the icon. I think that is what you are looking for. There are other views you can select as well by pressing that icon. OR.....as mentioned above, try quickpic.
    As for the download prob....this is not typical RAZR behaviour. Try an FDR and see if that helps. Make sure to back up pictures and texts and what not before proceeding. Hope all this helps to get you the most enjoyment from your phone
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886
    On the pics as well....the stock "my gallery". Open it. Click on my library. Upper left corner is an icon. If the label says timeline then all the pics will display at once, sorted by date. Instead of timeline select folders after pressing the icon. I think that is what you are looking for. There are other views you can select as well by pressing that icon. OR.....as mentioned above, try quickpic.
    As for the download prob....this is not typical RAZR behaviour. Try an FDR and see if that helps. Make sure to back up pictures and texts and what not before proceeding. Hope all this helps to get you the most enjoyment from your phone

What's a fdr? Thank you.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    motorola droid razr (stock)
    Factory data reset.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886 View Post
    Is there a way to create new folders or albums? Nothing in the menu and a long touch does nothing either.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    When in the gallery-my library, there is a label in the top left. It says timeline, click on it and you can change it to view all albums, folders, tags, location. Really simple. I hook my phone up to my computer and make folders and i can view them on my phone by the folders i made.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by drpool

Is there a way to create new folders or albums? Nothing in the menu and a long touch does nothing either.
    Open my files. Internal SD card (or wherever you store pictures)/ dcim. You can create folders in there that the gallery app will see as long as they have pictures in them

Links