DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Razr owner

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

Thumbs up New Razr owner

Hey forum, I'm new! I just replaced my HTC Rezound with the Razr. My HTC was having service issues so VZW sent me the Razr. I like it so far with a few hang ups that perhaps you guys have solutions to...

Charging: I have 2 HTC chargers, one seems to charge the Razr fine while the other doesn't do anything even though the phone says its charging. I also notice it doesnt charge that well when plugged into the computer. I did get a note in my activation packet that said something about using a OEM charger specific to the Razr so I ordered a couple on eBay (waiting for them to show up). Whats the deal with charging this phone?

Screen Shots: I really cant take them? Is that a Moto thing cause my Asus Eee Pad with ICS can take them. Why would that not be built in?

Exchange Email: My IT guy at work tried to set up the exchange email at work and was running into a problems. It connected then kept saying that "Exchange has stopped working." Is this a known issue?

Other than that I like the phone and especially ICS. Any idea when we'll be getting Jelly Bean?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    welcome to the forums .
    screen shot- power and volume down button i think

and on charging the phone always use OEM they give proper voltage and amps .. etc.. there is a battery subforum here that has some good reading on it .. and maybe someone who knows more about it can give you a more technical answer.. look for some of FoxKat posts,, i am sure he will pop in here before too long
    Last edited by justin82; 08-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    oh and exchange i dont own a razr it works fine on Bionic with ICS
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the forum and the world of the Razr.

Just got you covered on the first two problems, I don't use the stock exchange but I know others find it suitable. I downloaded and use Touchdown, you can get it in the Play Store for a free 30 day trail. I love this APP for exchange works great for both my accounts and never had an issue, the full version is 20 bucks but it is worth every penny IMO.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    RAZR-DX-Dinc-Rezound-NOTE 3
    I do use the stock exchange and I have 0 problems. I know it just came from Verizon but doing an FDR couldn't hurt (but it could help). I'm assuming it is a refurbished Razr?.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by bittergenius View Post
    Hey forum, I'm new! I just replaced my HTC Rezound with the Razr. My HTC was having service issues so VZW sent me the Razr. I like it so far with a few hang ups that perhaps you guys have solutions to...

Charging: I have 2 HTC chargers, one seems to charge the Razr fine while the other doesn't do anything even though the phone says its charging. I also notice it doesnt charge that well when plugged into the computer. I did get a note in my activation packet that said something about using a OEM charger specific to the Razr so I ordered a couple on eBay (waiting for them to show up). Whats the deal with charging this phone?

Screen Shots: I really cant take them? Is that a Moto thing cause my Asus Eee Pad with ICS can take them. Why would that not be built in?

Exchange Email: My IT guy at work tried to set up the exchange email at work and was running into a problems. It connected then kept saying that "Exchange has stopped working." Is this a known issue?

Other than that I like the phone and especially ICS. Any idea when we'll be getting Jelly Bean?
    Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot of great users here that are more than willing (an able) to help you when you need it. As far as charging...I don't know if it is just Motorola phones or not, but it is highly recommended that you use the charger and cable that was designed for your phone. A different charger and/or cable can/will make a difference in charging your Razr. As for screen shots...the answer above is correct. I don't use exchange, but I've read that most users have no problem with the exchange app that came with the phone. I have also read a lot of recommendations for TouchDown. The advice about a Factor Reset is a good one. As soon as you are finished activating your phone, fully charge it and do a factory reset, let it boot and do it again. Enjoy your Razr.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Welcome congrats on the RAZR
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Thanks for all the help guys! Got screen shot figured out and I am using Touchdown for work email. Perhaps since it is a refurb its still having issues with Exchange. I also ordered 2 OEM chargers from eBay so everything seems to be golden now. I also got a sleek orange hard case for it. Overall I love the phone!

Links