DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: my razr is getting hot in 4-10 mins in normal usage and feels its gonna burn

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr

my razr is getting hot in 4-10 mins in normal usage and feels its gonna burn

my razr is getting too hot in 4-10 mins of normal usage, and it could burn my hands and restart >>>>whats wrong with it <<its new> do you think that all motorola phones have the same issue ?? do u...
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    What's the temperature outside where you live?

Googorola MAXX
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the DROID forums. I would suggest running gsam and using the app sucker to see which app it is that's giving you the issue... but I think since you're getting 4 mins before it happens, just do a factory data reset.

This will be more involved to a point, but it will be easier because your device is shutting off within 4 mins...

If you want to try gsam first, you might be able to see what's making your processor work so hard... its a rogue app.. just need to know which one.
    jaybogg and khaledkhalifeh like this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am having similar problems i honestly think its just because its the summer and hot out
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr
    THANK U ALL GUYS ESPECIALLY MR 94lt1
    Moderator !!!! BUT I WANNA KNOW Y DOESNT THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS WITH ALOT OF MOTOROLA PHONES AS I READ ALOT OF ARTICLES ABOUT JUST THE SAME PROBLEM !!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX W/M Launcher
    The Razr/Maxx has an issue with a couple of issues leading to heat problems. Combining the 4G radio and a bright screen, the Wifi Radio or charging it will cause the battery to heat up over 113 degrees once it does it will start heating up more often and faster. The excessive heat starts causing the chemistry of the Lithium Polymer Battery to break down.

Because I am Me. The Real OG Me...
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by yaterml View Post
    The Razr/Maxx has an issue with a couple of issues leading to heat problems. Combining the 4G radio and a bright screen, the Wifi Radio or charging it will cause the battery to heat up over 113 degrees once it does it will start heating up more often and faster. The excessive heat starts causing the chemistry of the Lithium Polymer Battery to break down.
    are u saying because it's hot out he shouldn't use his 4g with a bright screen? he's talking about 10 mins or less of use... not 8 straight hours on the beach (which should be OK too) .. these are "mobile" phones not indoor phones... gsam could help to see if any apps are drawing too much but if it happens after everything seems OK maybe a full wipe or a trip to Verizon (over the phone is better than the store) might be necessary

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    If your phone has 3g/4g on with a poor signal or wifi on with no available wifi or if it is still set to global data... those things especially combined with 100 weather and screen brightness at 100% can cause it to get too hot. First thing would be to go into settings and make sure data is set to LTE/CDMA (Settings---> More...---> Mobile networks---> Network mode). Turn off wifi when wifi is not available. Turn off data if you are in a weak area. Turn screen brightness to auto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid
    If your phone has 3g/4g on with a poor signal or wifi on with no available wifi or if it is still set to global data... those things especially combined with 100 weather and screen brightness at 100% can cause it to get too hot. First thing would be to go into settings and make sure data is set to LTE/CDMA (Settings---> More...---> Mobile networks---> Network mode). Turn off wifi when wifi is not available. Turn off data if you are in a weak area. Turn screen brightness to auto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    I agree, hot weather alone doesn't cause the overheat. But combining an overworked cpu with a bright screen and ambient heat will cause some problems. I don't worry about mine getting warm to somewhat hot anymore, but if you get the screen heat error, that's to hot. I got that one time since I've had my RAZR
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX W/M Launcher
    I have had 2 Razr Maxxs with this issue. Once you break that "thermal barrier" it will happen with just normal usage. My last phone would heat up to over 144 degrees (the max out of the internal thermometer) in the matter of minutes using 4G after my wife left it in the car on the charger. My new phone overheated because of a Wifi and 4G drain that caused it to spike. I had to put them on an ice pack because they were too hot! Just call Verizon and tell them it's heating to an excess of 144 degrees and they will overnight you a replacement. It's an explosion hazard at that temperature and li-po batteries explode violently especially because of heat.

Because I am Me. The Real OG Me...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links