DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola Droid razr

help

i rooted my phone some time ago, and i don't really know the purpose of " root" so i've never really used it. Now this new update is available and i want to update but haven't been able to. Everytime i download the update and try to install i get an "update failed to install" prompt. i assumed it was because i had a rooted phone, so proceded with the unroot process, i used doomlords easy unroot kit, and i have done a revover on my phone, i still have the "su" icon and still can not update my phone. Anyone else have the issue and if so can anyone help fully restore my razr back to stock so that i can install this new update? thanks

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    i dont have a razr but there is a sbf file to get you back to stock then you can take the update . download this and follow directions wrong link

h
    ere is correct link thanks sydman DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]
    Last edited by justin82; 07-30-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: correcting the info
    Sydman and TisMyDroid like this.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the droid forums what ^^he said
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    oh and welcome to the forums ..
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I am not sure what you did to your phone when you rooted, if you used it to freeze some of your bloatware then yes you wont be able to install ics. but normally you can install ics while still beign rooted. try this, download voodo root keeper from the market and temporarly unroot your phone with it. try to install ics and see if it works. if it does not then your going to have to download matts utility 1.81 and hit option one to install ics that way.
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exalted911 View Post
    I am not sure what you did to your phone when you rooted, if you used it to freeze some of your bloatware then yes you wont be able to install ics. but normally you can install ics while still beign rooted. try this, download voodo root keeper from the market and temporarly unroot your phone with it. try to install ics and see if it works. if it does not then your going to have to download matts utility 1.81 and hit option one to install ics that way.
    No, do not choose option 1 on 1.81 utility!!

That is for people already on ICS and need to flash to stock, if you are still on GB and flash this file your phone will brick. Again OP do not use that utility if you are currently on GB.

Also OP, welcome to the forum!
    TisMyDroid and Xfactorx316 like this.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    i dont have a razr but there is a sbf file to get you back to stock then you can take the update . download this and follow directionsDROID RAZR Utility 1.7 Failsafe Edition
    Actually the 1.7 utility does not have the fastboot files for GB either, would have to use the 1.6 utility for those.
    justin82 and TisMyDroid like this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    Actually the 1.7 utility does not have the fastboot files for GB either, would have to use the 1.6 utility for those.
    listen to this guy ^^^ he has a razr i don't . Syndman- thank you for letting me know.
    TisMyDroid likes this.

Razr maxx
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    listen to this guy ^^^ he has a razr i don't . Syndman- thank you for letting me know.
    No problem man, Matt releases those so often it does get tough keeping up with them.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    the post has been corrected with the correct link
    TisMyDroid likes this.

Razr maxx
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links