DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: (Android) DROID RAZR: "The software update failed. (6.16.211.en.US)" HELP PLEASE!

  1. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #1

    Exclamation (Android) DROID RAZR: "The software update failed. (6.16.211.en.US)" HELP PLEASE!

    I rooted my droid razr a week ago with motofail and deleted bloatwares by using Titanium Backup without backing up those apps. Then I realized that now, I can't update the new software update (6.16.211.en.US) on my android. Please help me and give me the steps to fix this. Right now, I have the current 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US version on my Droid Razr.
    Last edited by trickisdope; 07-24-2012 at 01:58 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    GSdub510's Avatar
    Member #
    140021
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #2
    You weren't supposed to delete the bloatware. The only way to update is to have the bloatware running. You're supposed to freeze bloatware then unfreeze it while updating.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #3
    You are going to want to run this utility and choose option 1 to restore to stock .181.

    DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

    Also what GSdub510 said is correct, don't ever delete anything.
    jpcalhoun likes this.
  5. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    You are going to want to run this utility and choose option 1 to restore to stock .181.

    DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

    Also what GSdub510 said is correct, don't ever delete anything.
    I'm not really used to these Android things. Can you tell me which download link it is on that site or do you mind giving me the steps since you're an amazing expert (-: I am really in need of fixing my phone... sigh...
  6. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by trickisdope View Post
    I'm not really used to these Android things. Can you tell me which download link it is on that site or do you mind giving me the steps since you're an amazing expert (-: I am really in need of fixing my phone... sigh...
    All three links are the same thing just hosted on different sites. After you download it you need to extract the entire zip file to the Root of your C: Drive. Install the Motorola Drivers included in the folder.

    Put your phone into USB debugging mode and allow installation of applications for unknown sources, both of those are in your settings on your phone.

    After that you plug your phone into your computer and put it on Charge Only mode load up the Utility press option 1 and follow the instructions.

    It is going to tell you that you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode, to do this....

    Power off your phone. Press and hold both the volume up and down and then press the power button. Once on the black screen with white text press the volume down to go to AP Fastboot and Volume up to select it.

    That should get your started, let us know if you run into any other problems.
    FoxKat likes this.
  7. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    All three links are the same thing just hosted on different sites. After you download it you need to extract the entire zip file to the Root of your C: Drive. Install the Motorola Drivers included in the folder.

    Put your phone into USB debugging mode and allow installation of applications for unknown sources, both of those are in your settings on your phone.

    After that you plug your phone into your computer and put it on Charge Only mode load up the Utility press option 1 and follow the instructions.

    It is going to tell you that you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode, to do this....

    Power off your phone. Press and hold both the volume up and down and then press the power button. Once on the black screen with white text press the volume down to go to AP Fastboot and Volume up to select it.

    That should get your started, let us know if you run into any other problems.
    What is the Utility press option 1, sir?
  8. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #7
    You will run the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file that is in the extracted folder on your C Drive of the PC.
    94lt1 likes this.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #8
    I've gotten there while my Droid Razr is on AP Fastboot, then it said "The system cannot find the path specified." Please help! Also according to the AP Fastboot, "Device is LOCKED,S Status Code: 0"
    Last edited by trickisdope; 07-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    All three links are the same thing just hosted on different sites. After you download it you need to extract the entire zip file to the Root of your C: Drive. Install the Motorola Drivers included in the folder.

    Put your phone into USB debugging mode and allow installation of applications for unknown sources, both of those are in your settings on your phone.

    After that you plug your phone into your computer and put it on Charge Only mode load up the Utility press option 1 and follow the instructions.

    It is going to tell you that you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode, to do this....

    Power off your phone. Press and hold both the volume up and down and then press the power button. Once on the black screen with white text press the volume down to go to AP Fastboot and Volume up to select it.

    That should get your started, let us know if you run into any other problems.
    I clicked option 1, but it said "The system cannot find the path specified.
  11. Junior Droid
    trickisdope's Avatar
    Member #
    275063
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    You will run the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file that is in the extracted folder on your C Drive of the PC.
    I clicked option 1, but it said "The system cannot find the path specified.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid 4 OTA Update 6.13.219 - "Software update failed"
    By r314bd in forum Droid 4 Tech Support
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  3. Motorola Droid RAZR and MAXX To See Update "Soon"
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
  4. Fix for "Download Failed" error for 2.3.4 DInc2 Update
    By kratos in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  5. "your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 Software update"
    By dtsnfire19 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 05:55 PM

Search tags for this page

android 6.16.211

,
android software update failed
,

android update 6.16.211

,

droid razr maxx software update failed

,

droid razr maxx update 6.16.211

,

droid razr software update 6.16.211

,
razr maxx update 6.16.211
,
root razr maxx 6.16.211
,

update (6.16.211.en.us)

,

update 6.16.211.en.us

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+