DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is lte issues a tower thing, sim card thing, or software thing.

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    PC you are having severe data drop problems? Meaning you are getting bumped off of the network constantly? I have great reception and have since I got my RAZR. Coverage has been excellent. Do I lose data at times? Yes absolutely, but it's only for a few seconds. I've not been without data for more than a minute with the exception of the outages we all experienced. I believe that the data drops are tower/coverage issues in most cases, but there is also some hardware issues, particularly in the Gnex, that will never overcome the problem no matter how good the coverage. JohnDroid is constantly battling the data drops....

What phone are you on now?
    +1 on my bionic with ICS leak i have 4g in places my gnex wont have decent 3g ..that is the reason the gnex never gets used . reception . i live in a weak 4 g area but my bionic hangs on to it . sure i loose data but not very often and for not very long.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I am calling VZW yet again tonight. I received a replacement Bionic 2 weeks ago and am still getting LTE data drops. Just not stable. I could keep the phone set on cdma all the time but I paid for an LTE phone so I expect to have LTE service.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidram56 View Post
    I am calling VZW yet again tonight. I received a replacement Bionic 2 weeks ago and am still getting LTE data drops. Just not stable. I could keep the phone set on cdma all the time but I paid for an LTE phone so I expect to have LTE service.
    i agree if you are having data problems call VZW daily
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    PC you are having severe data drop problems? Meaning you are getting bumped off of the network constantly? I have great reception and have since I got my RAZR. Coverage has been excellent. Do I lose data at times? Yes absolutely, but it's only for a few seconds. I've not been without data for more than a minute with the exception of the outages we all experienced. I believe that the data drops are tower/coverage issues in most cases, but there is also some hardware issues, particularly in the Gnex, that will never overcome the problem no matter how good the coverage. JohnDroid is constantly battling the data drops....

What phone are you on now?
    I hit you with a pm. But I think its a designed drop in the network by vzw. I dont think its because of the device or ics. Because Ics separates lte from 3g you dont get that cushion when the data drops, ie rezound on gb where I just drop to 3g. Again a theory but the fact different devices with different hardware and locations are having the same problem rules out the phone, location and software imo. This is a network issue. I may be wrong...but if I am right we can save people money who are going from phone to phone because they think their device is the issue.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    +1 on my bionic with ICS leak i have 4g in places my gnex wont have decent 3g ..that is the reason the gnex never gets used . reception . i live in a weak 4 g area but my bionic hangs on to it . sure i loose data but not very often and for not very long.
    I do think Samsung has weaker radios compare to motorola. But if moto, samsung, and htc are all experiencing drops and they are using different hardware then what is left?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    I have had 6 data data drops since 9:30am. One at 9:53am, 10:06am, 11:32am, 2:51pm, and 3:06pm. The best one though was around 8am while I was driving and using navigation. Best part is, I was on a freeway that has) LTE from one side of the state to another and showed so on the maps. And when it came back on, it was on 3g
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    I thought i was the only one with this issue..iam on this [censored] like donkey kong
    Last edited by FoxKat; 08-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Called VZW last night. They have referred my call ticket to an engineer who is going to check the network service in my area. They are calling me back in 24-48 hours. I still think it is an OS problem. It should toggle between 4g & 3g without the drops.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I been researching and seeking an answer almost endlessly. I found my answer and for me personally this topic is closed.

What I found out can be found here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ping-data.html
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note

Network Problem or Sim Card Error

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note and have been experiencing similar issues. I get a note saying 'You have lost data connectivity because you left your home', when I haven't. Closer inspection shows an error message of Network or Sim Card Error. I'm in a weak signal area and recently downloaded ICS. Ironically, my phone shows five complete bars, but only when I'm having the problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links