DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: google music update

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Very well said! This is a big problem for music lovers! I have 3500 songs on my phone! I want the features i need to enjoy it properly. And how hard can it be to know what features a music player should have? Have people at google ever seen an mp3 player? Every 50 dollar piece of junk at Walmart is more fully featured than my 600 dollar RAZR without a third app. Come on google!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I think everyone here is missing the point of Google's Music Player. It is meant to give you access to your music that you may not have on your phone or allow you to sync some music wirelessly. Also, it allows you to stream your entire library you've uploaded to their servers (though now-a-days, constant streaming may not be ideal). It is not built for "music lovers" and by design, it cannot nor will not be.

You need to keep in mind that when comparing the music functionality of an Android phone to and iPhone, you are comparing oranges to grapefruits. At its core, the iPhone was designed from the iPod, it already had its musical infrastructure built, so they just integrated the phone/internet (alright, I may be over simplifying this) aspect of it. Sure iTunes may be better suited for what you want to do, but realize that with Play Music you don't need to have a large application on your computer to handle your library. Google uses a small program that will upload your music to your online drive.

So again, by design, its not meant for you to be able to change where the music is stored or even store mass quantities of music. This would simply not fit the whole streaming/cloud method behind it.

That all being said, I wouldn’t wait around for these features. Your best bet is to find a 3rd party app and stick with it. If you wanted a premium music player, then you should have gotten an iPhone or MP3 player (though I have never used an iPhone so I can't speak on the ease of use or the file manipulation aspect of it).

Its not broken, it works the way it was designed and designed for its purpose.

(Note: I do not work for Google. This is all just my interpretation base off of my knowledge of software development/programming.)
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2
    If you are looking for something a bit different check out n7player on the market. It has a good multi-touch pinch to zoom interface. It also has done a better job downloading album and artist art than the others I've used.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus running AOKP
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I gave the new google music update a try but I still don't like it. It still plays every mp3 file on my phone (including podcasts, ringtones, ect.)

I'm just used to my iPod so I use the bTunes player app, and since my iTunes music is DRM free now I just sync all my playlists and library with iSyncer.
    Last edited by jdroid80; 07-24-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I misspelled iSyncer
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    topjimmy74
    Phone
    Motorola Raz
    I hate the Google Music App as well. If I have multiple artist with a Greatest Hits CD it groups them all into one CD. I have around 5500 songs on my phone and PlayerPro handles it great. I also use iSyncer to sync the phone with my iTunes playlist. I have to use iTunes on the puter because we have one iPhone, and 2 iPod users in the house.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Is Google music functional from the lock screen?

That is the one reason I keep using my music. Dont want to unlock my phone everytime just to change the song.

Thanks in advance
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    It has a lock screen now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Lock screen controls are pretty standard on most players
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    @dangrey

I have to respectfully disagree. First you are off base in thinking people on this forum do not get the point of Google Music. We are fully aware it is a streaming app. We are also aware it is now the stock Google music app. The 2 functions are not mutually exclusive. I am a developer also. ( Not android). I assure you the location of the file have no bearing on lousy player features. Not everyone has unlimited data and steady data connection wherever they go(i.e. buildings, subways, camping, etc).

For anyone that wants a great music experience - I use Power Amp with a 32 gig SD card with about 5 thousand songs. I keep everything nice a synced using iSycncr wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Giving Google Music a try for the next few days over My Music. Only reason i hadnt switched earlier was because of the lock screen features. My Music is slow and not very responsive.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links