When tech support told me to do a factory reset I said I really did not want to. In another thread here someone said they had done one and everything came back. So I took out the memory card, and being stupidly cautious,I wrote down all the apps I had, and after wiping it,every app downloaded on their own. I don't know if it was from Google or what.
I will say that it worked for a week. Yesterday I got the data limit reached box again. Tried the soft reset...didn't work. Called in again and this guy seemed aware of this problem. He said he was changing some settings. ????? After another soft reset my data has worked. A rather annoying problem. Our billing cycle ends today, so it will be interesting to see what happens with a full month.
Yes if you do a factory reset, you will have to reset everything, but unfortunately that's the only thing I found that worked to stop the "reached data limit" bug.
My wife's maxx had this issue and we cleared the cache, rebooted, and it came back.
Got the idea to enable a data limit, and just set it at about 10gigs, that worked for a few days, then at only 3.8 gigs, the phone said it reached its data limit..so we did a factory reset.. that was four days ago.. so far, no "over limit" pop up...
FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
Originally Posted by spaberlejr
This is an annoying feature of the new ICS update. The easiest way to stop it is to go to system settings > data usage. Check the box to turn on set data limit. There will be 2 bars that show on the graph, a red one for the data limit and an orange one for the data notification. Move both up to a very high limit (if you have unlimited data). This should keep your data going and stop the notifications from populating. My understanding is there is a maintenance release pushing out soon to fix this issue.
Sent from my DROID RAZR!!
I had tried to set data usage settings to a high limit without success. So I went ahead and did a hard reset and spend the next 2 hours customizing the phone again ugh! !!!!!. Will report whether or not this fixes the problem
When using smart actions I had a rule setup where data turned off while connected to my home wifi. One day data totally cut out away from home and I couldn't figure out why. It turns out my data connection was unchecked and network mysteriously got changed to global instead of cdma/lte. Those experiencing problems may want to check those settings. They can be found in system settings/data/more. Again, the rule I had set would switch data back on when away from home wifi but stopped working, strange.
Sent from my O.G. DROiD or Razr Maxx