DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So where are the Jelly Bean builds?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Jelly Bean was just released by Google last week. ICS was released by Google in November, and Motorola is just now getting it pushed out. No one should expect Motorola to have any resemblance of a working build, or to have even started on a build, at this point.
    Wow, Seargent Killjoy over here. On the other hand, software and hardware developers in the Android sector of the smartphone market are well aware of the fragmentation issue of the different versions of the OS. To my knowledge, many of these developers have expressed interest in addressing that issue. The RAZR is a new phone still being mass produced with a lot of demand; therefore I'm sure it is high up on Moto's list of phones to receive the upgrade. Sure it will take a while just as ICS did, but I'm sure something is in the works. I've been running the ICS leak since it was made available and it seems like it's been a long time. Obviously no one knows for sure, but don't dismiss what you don't know factually.
    nonnasmyladie likes this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    The difference between JB and ICS is no where near as significant.

I predict we'll get JB on the Razr's birthday 11/11/12

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mthorn79; 07-06-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    ---Razr---
  3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandlotje View Post
    Wow, Seargent Killjoy over here. On the other hand, software and hardware developers in the Android sector of the smartphone market are well aware of the fragmentation issue of the different versions of the OS. To my knowledge, many of these developers have expressed interest in addressing that issue. The RAZR is a new phone still being mass produced with a lot of demand; therefore I'm sure it is high up on Moto's list of phones to receive the upgrade. Sure it will take a while just as ICS did, but I'm sure something is in the works. I've been running the ICS leak since it was made available and it seems like it's been a long time. Obviously no one knows for sure, but don't dismiss what you don't know factually.
    Sorry to rain on your parade by explaining why no one should expect a working build for the RAZR to already exist or to drop in the immediate future. That is what the thread is about - wanting to know if there are any working Jelly Bean builds for the RAZR - not speculating on when we'll see working builds. And factually speaking, Jelly Bean was just literally released to manufacturers, so while Motorola might be getting started on a build, there won't be a working build at this point. Likewise, there are no working Jelly Bean custom ROMs out there for the RAZR yet. So, I didn't dismiss anything that isn't factual or common sense.

Now, if you want to speculate on when we'll start seeing leaks or when we'll see the OTA, that's a different story. I agree that we're likely to see Jelly Bean, and that Motorola has probably started the process already. I also think that we'll see a faster turn around on a Jelly Bean release than we did with ICS due to it not being as big of an upgrade. But speculating on that is different than answering the thread title question and addressing what was said in the OP.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    nonnasmyladie
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn79 View Post
    The difference between JB and ICS is no where near as significant.

I predict we'll get JB on the Razr's birthday 11/11/11

Wow I like your attitude. Positive thinking right here. Jelly bean was released months ago!!!

I don't see motorola coming out with a build anytime soon but devs are working on it now I already installed google now on my razr
    -Joe
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnasmyladie View Post
    Wow I like your attitude. Positive thinking right here. Jelly bean was released months ago!!!

I don't see motorola coming out with a build anytime soon but devs are working on it now I already installed google now on my razr
    Oops, thanks for catching that typo...should've read 2012, edited and fixed now!

---Razr---
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto x, Droid razr and N7 2013
    +2 for people exaggerating on the os. Just wanted to be on latest greatest for this jelly bean seekers.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX W/M Launcher
    My friend's a high ranking Verizon Customer Support Supervisor that works as a Level 2 Tech for Motorola and Jelly Bean will be released for the RAZR Maxx only the 21st of December This Year!!! The RAZR and the Bionic won't see JB this year.

Because I am Me. The Real OG Me...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    At least that's what my friend on Facebook said he said you know he saw a tweet of a post of a picture from Circuit City taken from the Best Buy forum!

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Working builds for JB are 4-6 months away at least for the RAZR we may start seeing JB themes ICS builds in about 60-90 days. The best thing for speed of turn around is there isn't a lot a difference between the versions and most updated junk removal from the source code for JB most of the new "features" will be portable to ICS here soon. I would be surprised if it's Red that holds off the update to JB for the RAZR until about 6-9 months after the HD comes out or until HD Maxx is dropped.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto x, Droid razr and N7 2013
    Stop making rumors up. Some of isheep users might believe and post it on cnet and engadgets use it as reliable sources.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links