Use this method if you haven't gotten the OTA prompt yet or your wi-fi/3G/4G is too slow to download it.
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEPS
YOU MUST BE STOCK STOCK STOCK 2.3.6/6.12.181.XT912 FOR THIS TO WORK
If you have installed Safestrap or Bootstrap, uninstall them.
If you are rooted, unroot.
IF YOU BRICK, DON'T PANIC, DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T CALL VERIZON TO SEND YOU A NEW PHONE, READ THE BOTTOM OF THE POST TO UNBRICK YOUR PHONE
(You'll know it's bricked when you're waiting about 20 Minutes in the red "Dual Core" boot up screen)
If you reboot back into GB, make sure again, you are 100% stock, no root, nothing, and try these steps again. For some it's taken doing these steps about 2 times to work 100%.
Want to be 100% SURE you WON'T brick or have any errors or problems? Or simply want to make sure you're 100% stock? Follow the guide below (Just as if your phone is BRICKED)
Last thing, make sure battery is 100% CHARGED FULLY, if it isn't charge it until it gets to 100% charge.
4.0.4 / 6.16.211.XT912 Update ----------> Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip (TORRENT DOWNLOAD) (MIRROR 1) (MIRROR 2) (Thanks computerfixer412!) (MIRROR 3)
(Don't worry if the name of the .zip is 6.12.181, it's supposed to be that way, it means that's the VERSION you are coming from)
Steps to Update to ICS
1. Download the official OTA "Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip " file from above.
2. Place the file downloaded in step one into the ROOT of your EXTERNAL SD card. (DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE)
3. Turn off phone.
4. Go into recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up (+), Volume Down (-), and Power button all three at the same time. (Press and hold all physical buttons.)
5. The menu will come up and select "Recovery".(Volume Down key to go down and Volume Up key to SELECT/ENTER Recovery.)
*The Android and Exclamation mark logos will come up*
6. Press both Volume Up (+) and the Volume Down (-) buttons at the same time. Release.
7. With the Volume Down (-) button go down to "Wipe CACHE partition" and press the Power button to select it. DO THIS TWICE (Don't worry your data will not get erased by wiping the cache.) (Thanks smmfc)
8. With the Volume Down (-) button go down to "Apply Update from SDCard" and press the Power button to select it.
9. Volume Down (-) go to the “Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip” and select it with the Power button. (This is the one we put in the External SD in Step 2.)
10. It will take a while to upgrade, mine isn't even done yet and I started it when I started to write Step 1
11. Once it is done, go to "Reboot system now."
12. Official ICS, Enjoy!!! =D
Once it's your first time starting ICS, it WILL take a while to load up, it is normal, it will also be "Optimizing applications" at first start up.
If you need any help reply here and myself and others can help you, or on www.twitter.com/rda990 @rda990 I can give you a step-by-step help.
Unbricking/Flash phone to stock
If you happen to brick, which there's a 50/50 chance you will, follow these steps to put your phone back in a working state.
Droid Razr Utility 1.7 ---------------> DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS.zip (TORRENT DOWNLOAD) (MIRROR 1) (MIRROR 2) (Thanks computerfixer412!)
(Thanks to mattlgroff Droid Razr Utility 1.6 [Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot Files] - DroidRzr.com)
Steps to Unbrick/Go Stock
1. Download the official OTA "DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS.zip" file from above.
2. Unzip all the files into the ROOT of your computer (C:\). (Thanks loudneon)
3. If you DO NOT already have the Motorola drivers installed, go into the "drivers" folder and select your OS type (64bit or 32bit). If you already have the drivers installed, continue.
4. With the phone turned off, press and hold Volume Up (+), Volume Down (-) and the Power button all together.
5. With the Volume Down (-) key go down to AP Fastboot and select it. You are now in AP Fastboot mode.
6. Connect the phone to your computer.
7. From Step 2 files, double click on the "DroidRAZRUtility.bat" file.
8. Press any key to get started.
9. Select option 1 and follow the instructions.
10. Once it is done with the process, your phone will be unbricked and be 100% ready to try the steps above, or if you want, be safe and wait for the OTA =D