DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 945
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

  1. Junior Droid
    JDunc's Avatar
    Member #
    268723
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid RaZr
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire1228 View Post
    Alright. Ive successfully run Matts 1.7 and try to install and keep getting error 7. What am I forgetting?

    I also have the new recovery this time around.
    Don't reboot when it gives you Error 7 Simply Wipe cache > Install zip again. See if that works.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Riot813's Avatar
    Member #
    268752
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Everything went over smoothy until it got to patching boot image, been stuck there for about 20 mins. Was wondering if its stuck or if this is normal.

    UPDATE:

    Well its been about 45 minutes and its still stuck on patching boot image. Is there anyway to power off the phone so i can get into fastboot so i can run the utility? PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by Riot813; 06-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
  3. Junior Droid
    Empire1228's Avatar
    Member #
    268736
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JDunc View Post
    Don't reboot when it gives you Error 7 Simply Wipe cache > Install zip again. See if that works.
    I'm on my third try. Haven't done any reboots. Let's see what happens.

    Well dang. Didnt even let me finish a reply. Third fail in a row.
  4. Droid
    datboiwizzie's Avatar
    Member #
    262558
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZo86

    Please be more specific... "Several pages back" out of 35 pages doesn't narrow it down too much. Besides, I've read the entire thread, tried everything, and nothing has worked. Any more direct help would be greatly appreciated!
    I believe he was talking about what i posted. Being that it went dead at that screen it takes FOREVER to charge! Meaning hours on hours on hours. Basically the best way to charge it is overnight. But back to the post he waa referring to...my phone soft bricked going from the first ics leak back to gb and my battery went low like yours. I had success loading the phone into fastboot and hooking it up to the charger. When the battery status changes from "battery low" to "battery ok"...unplug it and connect your phone to the computer and run the first step of Matts Utility. After the first step is complete, unplug ur phone and hook it back up to the charger. When it says "battery ok" again...hook it back up to the computer and run the next step. Just continue this until all steps are done. And make sure Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer...mine wasnt and thats how it soft bricked
  5. Droid
    Johnw's Avatar
    Member #
    90388
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire1228 View Post
    I'm on my third try. Haven't done any reboots. Let's see what happens.

    Well dang. Didnt even let me finish a reply. Third fail in a row.
    If you are using step 1 of matts tool then try step 2 instead.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid Newbie
    ilold's Avatar
    Member #
    242525
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire1228 View Post
    Alright. Ive successfully run Matts 1.7 and try to install and keep getting error 7. What am I forgetting?

    I also have the new recovery this time around.

    Make sure after running the utility to boot the phone normally and sign in to your gmail account
  7. Junior Droid
    KaZo86's Avatar
    Member #
    268743
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    RAZR 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by datboiwizzie View Post
    I believe he was talking about what i posted. Being that it went dead at that screen it takes FOREVER to charge! Meaning hours on hours on hours. Basically the best way to charge it is overnight. But back to the post he waa referring to...my phone soft bricked going from the first ics leak back to gb and my battery went low like yours. I had success loading the phone into fastboot and hooking it up to the charger. When the battery status changes from "battery low" to "battery ok"...unplug it and connect your phone to the computer and run the first step of Matts Utility. After the first step is complete, unplug ur phone and hook it back up to the charger. When it says "battery ok" again...hook it back up to the computer and run the next step. Just continue this until all steps are done. And make sure Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer...mine wasnt and thats how it soft bricked
    So you left your phone on the wall charger with it on the AP Fastboot screen? Or did you do something with BP Tools? I have Matts Utility ready whenever I have a useful charge.
  8. Junior Droid
    Empire1228's Avatar
    Member #
    268736
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnw View Post
    If you are using step 1 of matts tool then try step 2 instead.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I just got done trying that, and it's giving the same error 7 at the same point. Hmm. Anything else to try?

    And I really appreciate the help/
  9. Junior Droid
    Empire1228's Avatar
    Member #
    268736
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ilold View Post
    Make sure after running the utility to boot the phone normally and sign in to your gmail account
    Thankyou sir. I missed that part. Lets try this again.
  10. Junior Droid
    refuse2bstopped's Avatar
    Member #
    268664
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by refuse2bstopped View Post
    It appears my home and search buttons aren't doing anything so now I just have to keep hitting back to get to the home screen. Do I need to reinstall or maybe try a system restore since technically ICS is already? Other than this, i'm in love with it.
    Well actually I already tried long pressing both buttons for up to about 10 to 12 seconds and nothing happens. I can't believe I possibly have to hold them that long. So anyone else reading this, if you know why my home and search buttons do absolutely NOTHING now that I've flashed this OTA via sd card, PLEASE HELP!!! I swear having to use the back button to get back to the home screens is already driving me almost as crazy as I went trying to get the update flash to work itself. Any suggestions?
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SAFE MODE on Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX...yep, it's a winner!
    By FoxKat in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 04:32 AM
  2. Replies: 304
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Search tags for this page

6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us
,

blur version.6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip

,
droid razr ics
,
droid razr ics ota
,

droid razr ics update download

,
droid razr maxx ics
,
ics for droid razr
,

ics for droid razr download

,

razr ics download

,
razr maxx ics download
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+