DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Two bricked razr's in less then 24hour

  1. onelowbirD68's Avatar
    Member #
    257054
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, Ark
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    motorola razr
    #1

    Two bricked razr's in less then 24hour

    So I was useing my razr yesterday (playing on facebook) and it reset it self. The only thing it would do is light up the status bar at the top. I tryed resetting it and it would do the same. Took it to verizon and the first the lady did was try and try to pull the back off to pull the batterie, I told her it dont pull out like other phones. She did not believe me so she had to call the manager over, wel he told her it dont pull. So she did what she had to, to get me a new phone. The new razr came in today and it does the same thing, so now im waitting for a 3rd on to come in. Has anyone had this problom befor? O and im not rooted. Thanks and sorry that was long.
  2. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by onelowbirD68 View Post
    So I was useing my razr yesterday (playing on facebook) and it reset it self. The only thing it would do is light up the status bar at the top. I tryed resetting it and it would do the same. Took it to verizon and the first the lady did was try and try to pull the back off to pull the batterie, I told her it dont pull out like other phones. She did not believe me so she had to call the manager over, wel he told her it dont pull. So she did what she had to, to get me a new phone. The new razr came in today and it does the same thing, so now im waitting for a 3rd on to come in. Has anyone had this problom befor? O and im not rooted. Thanks and sorry that was long.
    Totally unheard of till now. Let us know what number three is like.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,629
    Liked
    1690 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #3
    I know vzw reps have a lot of phones and people to deal with but by now they should know the razr has a non removable battery.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,944
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #4
    You probably did, but did you try a simulated battery pull?? Hold volume down and power at the same time...

    Also, have you tried booting into safe mode????

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #5
    Since he's already got number 3 on the way, no sense in troubleshooting number 2. If number 3 fails the same way, I believe we can conclude it's not the phones and that it has to be a software conflict. Then it's just a matter of a FDR and installing one by one till it fails again.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,944
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Since he's already got number 3 on the way, no sense in troubleshooting number 2. If number 3 fails the same way, I believe we can conclude it's not the phones and that it has to be a software conflict. Then it's just a matter of a FDR and installing one by one till it fails again.
    Agreed

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  7. onelowbirD68's Avatar
    Member #
    257054
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, Ark
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    motorola razr
    #7
    Yes I tryed the volume down plus power , the guy at verizon tryed that safe start and it would not do any thing. I just find it odd how it happened out no where and the new one did the same
  8. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Since you're watching, did you install ANY user-installed software? Second, if you did, did any of it come from outside sources (*besides the Google Play Store*)? Just trying to set the stages for the troubleshooting.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. onelowbirD68's Avatar
    Member #
    257054
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, Ark
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    motorola razr
    #9
    All the apps I had came from the app store(play), iv not downloaded any new ones in over a month. And im using my samsung fascinate, bigg difference comein back to it from my razr
  10. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by onelowbirD68 View Post
    All the apps I had came from the app store(play), iv not downloaded any new ones in over a month. And im using my samsung fascinate, bigg difference comein back to it from my razr
    Don't even want to compare...RAZR is the bomb. As for the apps, do you know which ones you installed? Could you produce a list?

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bricked my RAZR, Need to know what to do next...
    By dinzle3490 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM
  2. Help! Razr maxx is bricked :(
    By xElektro in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
  3. Bricked RAZR ICS 4.0
    By supermario3 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:21 AM
  4. bricked razr!!!! need help pls!!!pls!!!!!
    By bounmy in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
  5. Soft bricked my RAZR... D:
    By yoonssoo in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Search tags for this page

android 4.0.4 bricked razr
,
bricked motorola razr 4.0.4
,

bricked razr

,
bricked razr maxx
,
bricked razr verizon
,
droid razr 4.0 bricked
,
droid razr ics task manager
,
droid razr maxx bricked
,
how to save bricked droid razr
,
ics droid razr slow
,

ics razr slow

,

razr ics

,
skyvi messed my phone up
,
verizon droid razr ics bricked
,
what task manager came with the droid razr
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+