DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Where do people get this information sometimes?

  1. Senior Droid
    donnie5336's Avatar
    Member #
    85445
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    113
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Razr
    #1

    Where do people get this information sometimes?

    Article on Yahoo about alternatives to iPhone. They are talking about the Razr and Maxx... as if they are two totally different phones...

    Before Apple forever changed how consumers view smartphones, Motorola’s thin and stylish RAZR was the hottest handheld device on the market. The 2007 debut of the iPhone exposed many of the RAZRs shortcomings, including average audio quality and poor battery life. This dulled sales and forced Motorola to discontinue the series for four years. In 2011, Motorola debuted the new Droid RAZR, a slim and sexy Android-running smartphone that still suffered from poor battery life.
    Lots of bad info in there... the original Razr wasn't even a smartphone, no comparison to iPhone...


    The best smartphones to buy right now (that aren't the iPhone) - Yahoo! News
  2. Master Droid
    Ghostwheel's Avatar
    Member #
    29757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    395
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    #2
    I'm not sure what your concern is. The section on the Razr Maxx seems pretty factual to me. The original Razr and the Droid Razr Maxx ARE two totally different phones, they just share a common name. The author isn't necessarily comparing the original Razr to the iPhone, just stating that the iPhone was a game-changer which hastened its obsolescence.
  3. Senior Droid
    donnie5336's Avatar
    Member #
    85445
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    113
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Razr
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel
    I'm not sure what your concern is. The section on the Razr Maxx seems pretty factual to me. The original Razr and the Droid Razr Maxx ARE two totally different phones, they just share a common name. The author isn't necessarily comparing the original Razr to the iPhone, just stating that the iPhone was a game-changer which hastened its obsolescence.
    Just comes off as making it still sound like the Maxx is a different phone from the current Razr. If i were phone shopping and read this, it would lead me to believe that the Maxx is now the phone to compare to iPhone, and that the Razr was sub-par in other categories, not just battery life. Not saying i or anybody else would make a choice based solely on this article, and i hope nobody would. Just saying it's a pretty misleading read about the Razr.

    Earlier this year, however, Motorola finally cracked the code with the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. While the RAZR MAXX offers similar form and function to its pioneering predecessor, it packs a much more powerful battery to ensure you get coverage throughout the day.
    Similar form and function? It's exactly the same.
    Last edited by donnie5336; 06-18-2012 at 08:40 AM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #4
    How is it the author's fault that the phone he is referring to (Motorola RAZR) happens to share a name with the Motorola DROID RAZR? He's talking about 2007, for crying out loud. All he was saying is the RAZR was the most popular PHONE until the iPhone came out.

    As for the second part of your comment, it IS similar form and function. If it were "exactly the same", the battery would be the same size and the MAXX would be just as thin. Now that the battery is nonremoveable, it affects the overall form factor of the phone.
  5. Senior Droid
    donnie5336's Avatar
    Member #
    85445
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    113
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Razr
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308
    How is it the author's fault that the phone he is referring to (Motorola RAZR) happens to share a name with the Motorola DROID RAZR? He's talking about 2007, for crying out loud. All he was saying is the RAZR was the most popular PHONE until the iPhone came out.

    As for the second part of your comment, it IS similar form and function. If it were "exactly the same", the battery would be the same size and the MAXX would be just as thin. Now that the battery is nonremoveable, it affects the overall form factor of the phone.
    Ok sorry guys. Just sounded really misleading to me when I read it.
  6. Master Droid
    Zandar's Avatar
    Member #
    60385
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    524
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #6
    I agree with you, OP. The author comes off as very uninformed about the subject matter. He acts as though the iPhone is what caused the decline in OG RAZR sales, which is absolutely ridiculous considering the RAZR was barely a feature phone and the iPhone a smartphone, as well as the iPhone only being released on AT&T. He then goes on to tout the benefits of the MAXX over the RAZR, and, though he doesn't outright say it, it's implied that some of the benefits of the MAXX over the RAZR are things like the dual core processor. He doesn't commit any technical errors, but the writing style certainly misleads the consumer. I don't think it was done on purpose; I think it's just a case of an uninformed writer trying to sound like he knows his business. Of course, anymore that seems the norm and not the exception.
  7. Droid
    1coopgt's Avatar
    Member #
    266567
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    #7
    The Author was talking about the Razr V3c .

    Where do people get this information sometimes?-2012-05-02_19-33-56_514.jpgWhere do people get this information sometimes?-129164952429291808.jpg

    Sorry couldn't resist.
    Last edited by 1coopgt; 06-18-2012 at 05:19 PM.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    I agree with you, OP. The author comes off as very uninformed about the subject matter. He acts as though the iPhone is what caused the decline in OG RAZR sales, which is absolutely ridiculous considering the RAZR was barely a feature phone and the iPhone a smartphone, as well as the iPhone only being released on AT&T.
    The iPhone was far from a smartphone when it came out, it lacked basic 3rd party app support so one could say it was barely a feature phone. It was more a "media phone".

    On July 11, 2008 (close to a year after release), it became a smartphone with the introduction of the App Store and Microsoft Exchange support.

    It's hard to think of the iPhone as such a feature-limited device, but between June 29, 2007 and July 11, 2008; it was an mp3 player that could make phone calls and surf the web. It could SMS, but not MMS.

    EDIT: Somewhat related, I remember my first iPod Touch running iOS 1.x - when 2.0 and the app store came along, I had to pay for the update to gain these features *LOL* How things have changed!
    Last edited by Dave12308; 06-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    GSdub510's Avatar
    Member #
    140021
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    you're using Yahoo as a source of news, lower the expectations. But still, nothing the author said is wrong...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  10. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GSdub510 View Post
    you're using Yahoo as a source of news, lower the expectations. But still, nothing the author said is wrong...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    I've lowered my expectations with journalists, period.

    These days, it's common to see articles from the Associated Press go worldwide riddled with spelling errors, gross inaccuracy, crude comments, and outright false information.

    Guess they fired all of the editors, as obviously no one looks at these pieces before they go live.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. HTC Not Using Your Information Without Asking
    By WenWM in forum Android News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
  2. Hello Everyone! Thanks for all the information!
    By choujin1975 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
  3. Its people . . . . Moto Droid is made out of people!!!
    By rsarno in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
  4. Its people . . . . Moto Droid is made out of people!!!
    By rsarno in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
  5. Thanks for all the information.
    By Bobwhitty in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 information
,

how do people get information

,
what is call nam information on droid razor
,
where do people get information from
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+