DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems connecting RAZR (Maxx) with Alpine Stereo Bluetooth

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Well I'm glad I found this thread!

I bought the CDE-HD137BT yesterday and found that after I would turn the car off then back on i would get a pair request confirmation on my phone. The request disappears after a few seconds, so if you miss it you have to go all the way in to Bluetooth settings and press on the Alpine Audio Receiver item to reconnect. Other then that the unit works perfectly with Pandora, GPS and phone calls with my Droid Razr Maxx running ICS 4.0.4 build number 6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31. So last night I did the Bluetooth update provided by Alpine which didn't change a thing and was a royal PITA if you ask me (why can't we just use USB). So today I called Alpine and was told very quickly that you have to set the radio to HD-Radio mode before shutting the car down. This will cause the phone to connect as a head set first and audio device second. Now this sounds a bit fishy to me, but I am going to try it after work and will report back. Honestly I don't see how this is going to work as the pin code is different every time I have to click "pair" when the radio turns on. However, I will give it a try as soon as I get out of work. I really just want the thing to work as it should. I want to get in the car, turn on the radio and do nothing else and have Pandora start to play. There has to be some fix/update that will correct this. Whoever it was talking about the pin being different every time I can confirm with mine. Any idea which side this issue belongs to so I can start pestering the hell out of them?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Well I'm glad I found this thread!
    I really just want the thing to work as it should. I want to get in the car, turn on the radio and do nothing else and have Pandora start to play. There has to be some fix/update that will correct this. Whoever it was talking about the pin being different every time I can confirm with mine. Any idea which side this issue belongs to so I can start pestering the hell out of them?
    I believe The BT sync is the phone, ever since I upgraded to JB no problems with Bluetooth Audio. I still have a problem with the Pandora Radio app so I disabled it and now only use the BT audio and have not had a problem in months, Select Pandora or TuneIn whlie walking to the car and everything works like a champ, voice dial and phone and back to BT audio no problem.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ya I'm of the belief that you just have to deal with the issues as they are, no one is going to fix this problem ..............
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razor
    any update on this ? I have the 138bt and the random passcode issue. its like BT Pandora is a completely different channel or protocol all by its self .
    I talked to a Verizon tech today and he was very excited ( u know how bored they get) and we talked for 30 min, he even remoted into my phone. said he will look into it some more and file a report to his boss.

carl
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links