DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering gettin a Droid Razr but I have a few questions.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC incredible

Considering gettin a Droid Razr but I have a few questions.

I'm looking for a new 4G phone from verizon to get before they switch the data plans. The droid razr is currently on sale for $99 and looks like a good option but I have a few questions. I have had a good experience with my HTC incredible but two people I know with motorola droid x and x2 have had a few problems. The x is old and the screen is going out, it is not cracked but has dead (black) spots. The X2 has had repeated problems often freezing and randomly rebooting even after several (going on 4) replacements, this phone is not modified and has never had more than 5 apps downloaded. This has made me nervous about getting a motorola phone. Has anyone here had significant problems with their razrs?

Also I would almost certainly root the phone. Is there currently a safe and reliable way to restore this phone to stock (undetectably) or is it somewhat risky to install ROMs? From what I've read the process is much different than what I did for my HTC incredible. Also does anyone know what software version it has out of the box?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    You have good and bad with all manufaturers. Motorola has always been solid for me. I had a Droid X for almost 2 years with no real problems. The RAZR I have now is as near to perfect as any phone I've ever had. It's well worth the $99 promo going on right now. I have a line eligible for upgrade in 5 days (June 1) and I think I'll get another RAZR. Then my primary line is eligible in 3 months, so I'll see what the latest and greatest is then.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    As of now, the official software version out of the box is 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I would get the Razr. The phone has been flawless for me.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I might be wrong but I don't think that you can get the Razr back to stock because of s-off. Again I might be wrong about that. If you want to root and since your a fan of HTC already I'd go with the Rezound. For rooting the Nexus isn't a bad choice either. I'm sure the others will correct me if I'm wrong about the Razr.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.
    Droid does...Apple bites

7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I think the Razr is a great phone. I love it...best android I've had (which includes vortex, og Droid, incredible, Charge and now Maxx). But the Rezound is also an excellent phone... rock solid up there with the Maxx. My son has had absolutely no problems with his, takes great pics, great reception and signal, great display, etc. His only complaint was that he could not see the display well in the sun at all but then I discovered that he had the screen brightness at only 10% and now he can see it fine in the sun. He also got the extended battery because of course the stock battery is nothing compared to the Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I must say that the my maxx is not only the best Android i've had, it's the best smartphone I've personally used as well.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    rooting is exceedingly easy if you know your way around with rooting as a whole. Getting it back to stock is easy aswell. Fastboot and you're back on stock and good to go for the OTA of ICS (if we ever get it)
  10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    I might be wrong but I don't think that you can get the Razr back to stock because of s-off. Again I might be wrong about that. If you want to root and since your a fan of HTC already I'd go with the Rezound. For rooting the Nexus isn't a bad choice either. I'm sure the others will correct me if I'm wrong about the Razr.
    For any custom ROM and most leaks, there are ways to get back to stock. And s-on/s-off is pretty much just a HTC thing.

The flashing process is different for Motorola phones, but not different in a difficult sort of way. Manufacturers each use different methods, so we have to as well. If you had no problems with doing things on a HTC phone, you'll have no problem learning how to go about things on a Motorola phone.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    motorola droid 2 global
    I've had my RAZR for a couple of months now and I love it now just like the first day I got it. I think the battery is solid and its built like a brick. The only reason I have a case on it is to give it some extra bulk since it seems to sit weird in my hand. But other than I am loving it while I anxiously wait for ICS!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links