DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about replacing my Droid X with a Maxx. Have some questions.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Thinking about replacing my Droid X with a Maxx. Have some questions.

Hey all. The wife and I are thinking about getting new phones (both have the DX) and I have some questions. My local verison authorized dealer didn't have one that actually turned on and I haven't been to my beloved V store yet. Sorry if these are lame :-)

1) does it have LED notification? I currently have: nex text, missed call, email..etc that are different colors. I hear the Iphone doesn't have LED and hope the Maxx does.

2) I'm rooted and I see others have rooted their maxx. I assume it's as easy as it was on the X?

3) may apps - do all apps that work on an X work on the maxx? I don't have anything fancy, but do have some paid ones.

4) is there a way on the maxx to disable built in aps you don't want running? The stock music player is the big one. If not, I can root and freeze.

5) do they have ottor boxes for the maxx? My wife like to toss her phone around : - (

Other than that, are there any prior X users who made the switch and want to chime in on the experience?

I'm on rooted GB and my wife is on Froyo (she didn't like GB). I hear they will soon have ICS.

thanks,

Will
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    I went to razr from x, razr is a great phone, it does have led notifications (colors), screen is better,3g on razr is faster then the x and 4g runs my ps3 for online gaming with no problems, you will be very happy with the maxx, hope this helps. Tossing a razr or maxx around is not recommended!, they do make otterbox for razr and maxx, i have one on mine + otterbox has great customer service and warranty's on there products
    Last edited by xtor; 05-19-2012 at 05:30 PM.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I have the X, and the X2, bionic and 2 maxx's. The maxx will run every app the x does and more, its dual core.

Its not to complicated to root the razr maxx, though I haven't done it.

Yes they make otterbox defenders for the maxx, they also make a colored commuter for it. And the customer service is awesome.
    In my opinion, the maxx will knock your socks off. I did for me. But its relative.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtor
    i went to razr from x, razr is a great phone, it does have led notifications (colors), screen is better,3g on razr is faster then the x and 4g runs my ps3 for online gaming with no problems, you will be very happy with the maxx, hope this helps. Tossing a razr or maxx around is not recommended!, they do make otterbox for razr and maxx, i have one on mine + otterbox has great customer service and warranty's on there products
    +1

droid razr maxxamized!!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Go for it!

I came from the X and absolutely loved that phone. However i'm so glad I made the jump, this phone has one of the more solid builds of Android i've used to date. Its awesome, I promise you won't regret it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the votes of confidence in the maxx : - )

My wife has an extended 1830mah battery in her X and that barely makes it a day. Hoping the maxx will do better. we don't have 4g out here so I'll just disable that, assuming I can.

It comes with GB right? I think ICS is on the way, and I suppose I could just load a leaked version. I did that with my X and was happy.

Will
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renthorin
    Thanks for the votes of confidence in the maxx : - )

My wife has an extended 1830mah battery in her X and that barely makes it a day. Hoping the maxx will do better. we don't have 4g out here so I'll just disable that, assuming I can.

It comes with GB right? I think ICS is on the way, and I suppose I could just load a leaked version. I did that with my X and was happy.

Will
    You can select CDMA in the networks setting.

It comes with GB, ICS supposedly by the end of June if not before. Moto just updated their ics release schedule, and it shows Q2 for razr/maxx.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    I went from the X to the Bionic, which I regretted dearly. I went from the Bionic to the Nexus, which I was again disappointed. I loved the unlockable bootloader and the fact that the Verizon bloatware was very minimal, but connectivity was terrible. So, I went to the RAZR and never looked back. It's all they say it is and more. ICS will make it that much sweeter! ....I say definitely go for it!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    I added a line just to get the razr, my x had a screen glitch, i have a upgrade on my line next month and will be getting my wife the maxx to replace her x, i have no issues with my razr battery, but uses her phone more then i do, she will love the maxx, she really likes the mirror mode that my razr has.i loaded movies on my old x for the kids,and let them watch movies on it
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    I went from the X to the bionic as well. I wanted a 4g phone as close to the X as possible and at the time it was the bionic. I had so many issues with that device that Verizon got sick of me calling and offered me the Razr. The Razr is a very good device. Everything the X is and more. I would like the Maxx for the added battery but unless I use it heavily my Razr will go a day easily. My Razr has some glitches since the last update but nothing major. Good Luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links