Thinking about replacing my Droid X with a Maxx. Have some questions.
Hey all. The wife and I are thinking about getting new phones (both have the DX) and I have some questions. My local verison authorized dealer didn't have one that actually turned on and I haven't been to my beloved V store yet. Sorry if these are lame :-)
1) does it have LED notification? I currently have: nex text, missed call, email..etc that are different colors. I hear the Iphone doesn't have LED and hope the Maxx does.
2) I'm rooted and I see others have rooted their maxx. I assume it's as easy as it was on the X?
3) may apps - do all apps that work on an X work on the maxx? I don't have anything fancy, but do have some paid ones.
4) is there a way on the maxx to disable built in aps you don't want running? The stock music player is the big one. If not, I can root and freeze.
5) do they have ottor boxes for the maxx? My wife like to toss her phone around : - (
Other than that, are there any prior X users who made the switch and want to chime in on the experience?
I'm on rooted GB and my wife is on Froyo (she didn't like GB). I hear they will soon have ICS.