DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is my data getting disabled?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Why is my data getting disabled?

Every once in a while when I get up in the morning I find data has been disabled and have a message saying background data can't sync. What could be causing it? I only have a single Smart Action rule that just launches an application and have no battery saving app or anything else that should do this. What gives?
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    do you have any apps installed to help with battery life, like 2X Battery or anything?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Does the razr have those battery settings? I don't know if Moto replaced those with smart actions.

Anyways, go into the battery section in settings, and see if nighttime mode is enabled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    do you have any apps installed to help with battery life, like 2X Battery or anything?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Does the razr have those battery settings? I don't know if Moto replaced those with smart actions.

Anyways, go into the battery section in settings, and see if nighttime mode is enabled.
    The only options under battery in settings are status, current level and battery usage (the graph).

There's also a "Data Manager" under settings that doesn't look like it has any automated settings for disabling data, just a checkbox to do it manually.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
    Nope.

The only options under battery in settings are status, current level and battery usage (the graph).

There's also a "Data Manager" under settings that doesn't look like it has any automated settings for disabling data, just a checkbox to do it manually.
    Under Data Manager, check to see if Data Saver is enabled. Other than that, I can't come up with an explanation.

If you want to check to see if there's an app conflicting, boot into Safe mode (Accessing safe mode on your Razr...) which prevents user-installed programs from starting, and run that way for a day or two. You won't have access to your user-installed apps except for those that are present on the Home Screen, and you won't have access to any Widgets or apps in the App Tray, but it will function completely normal in every other sense of the word.

Good luck!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
    Every once in a while when I get up in the morning I find data has been disabled and have a message saying background data can't sync. What could be causing it? I only have a single Smart Action rule that just launches an application and have no battery saving app or anything else that should do this. What gives?
    my data was turned off by verizon. The text said I was over my allowed limit. I have unlimited data. I had just approached 5 gigabyte and my data just stop working. I also have a mifi with verizon which has not been used at all. yet they had no problem in stopping my data. When I called them they said they is no cap on my phone. I had to take out my mircosim then I got data back. Is unlimited really unlimited. The only thing I could think off was I was up to 24 gigabyte in February however In December 1 gigabyte. in January 0 gigabyte in March 5 gigabyte. That not abuse in any area. Since they did sell plans that were 22 gigabyte for 100 with me having a mifi and a phone I can't see the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    If you use any kind of battery saver it can potentially shut off your data to prevent excessive battery drain.

Sent from my R800x using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I've had my RAZR MAXX for 3 weeks and I've lost data connectivity 3 times. I'd go in/ out of Airplane mode and I'd get data connectivity but "fetch" for my Verison email account wouldn't work. I'd have to delete then recreate my Verizon email account and it would work til the next outage. They sent a new SIM card, their thinking is that there's an issue with the card. We'll see.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorn65 View Post
    my data was turned off by verizon. The text said I was over my allowed limit. I have unlimited data. I had just approached 5 gigabyte and my data just stop working. I also have a mifi with verizon which has not been used at all. yet they had no problem in stopping my data. When I called them they said they is no cap on my phone. I had to take out my mircosim then I got data back.
    I've used 30gb through 20 days this month syncing Google Music. So that's possible, except I don't have to turn the phone off or remove the sim or anything, it just comes back. It doesn't help that it's first thing in the morning and I'm hardly awake when I see it, and then by the time I do wake up it's gone. Didn't happen this morning. Maybe it was just a coincidence a few nights in a row.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    This has been happening to half of my family lately... which leads me to believe it's something with the network. We have 2 MAXXs and 1 original RAZR. Every now and then all 3 of us will lose our data connection at the same time, restarting the phone later in the day usually brings it back.

Switching over to 3g brought the data back immediately but turning 4g back on... no data, until the phones were restarted. Since it's happening to all 3 of us, plus friends I know with Razrs (I unfortunately do not know anyone on 4g that has something other than a razr), at the exact same time I highly doubt it's something with our phones and highly suspect the network.
    Last edited by monkeydog; 03-29-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links