DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need "latest" pre books/videos/music MARKET version

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G

Need "latest" pre books/videos/music MARKET version

I can't say how much I loath the new market. I'm not just talking about the new name, but the entire layout. Having the books, movies and music that I care nothing about. Right now I've got the Market Updater apk blocked and the vending updating folder as well. I had to wipe my phone tonight (Netflix 1009 error which it fixed btw). Somehow the new play Market slipped in. I removed it from the phone and installed the only pre version I have. 2.3.6. I wondered is there a later version someone can send me the system/app apk for? That is PRE books, movies etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    I can't say how much I loath the new market. I'm not just talking about the new name, but the entire layout. Having the books, movies and music that I care nothing about. Right now I've got the Market Updater apk blocked and the vending updating folder as well. I had to wipe my phone tonight (Netflix 1009 error which it fixed btw). Somehow the new play Market slipped in. I removed it from the phone and installed the only pre version I have. 2.3.6. I wondered is there a later version someone can send me the system/app apk for? That is PRE books, movies etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
    I'll look. I have all updates saved with AppMonster so I should have the most recent before the "Play Store" (yuch!)

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post

Thanks!

Click on the following link (http://205.196.121.18/0cqz05mv11mg/g...ket_v1.2.0.apk), and download this to the phone. Then run. This requires root, but will give you the option to switch back and forth between the old and new markets.

I can report with 100% assurance it works!!

See below.
    Last edited by FoxKat; 03-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Click on the following link (OldMarket_v1.2.0.apk), and download this to the phone. Then run. This requires root, but will give you the option to switch back and forth between the old and new markets.

I can report with 100% assurance it works!!

See below.
    THANK YOU FOX KAT!! I just want the old version. I still can't STAND the Play Store or all the crap they added even before that with the books and movies and music. I still don't get why not just use Google Books and Google Music,etc for this vs the Market. Oh well. I do have a market app called Old Market. It never worked right however. There are some bugs that are present in 2.3.6. I hope I can get the latest version of the old version of the Android Market.

EDIT: I see this is Old Market. I have that. It never worked right. I can manually install an updated market app. I just need a higher version than 2.3.6 but before all the changes.
    Last edited by xmguy; 03-27-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)

Links