DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Picture contacts disappeared

  1. Senior Droid
    Ansa82's Avatar
    Member #
    230780
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #1

    Picture contacts disappeared

    This has to be so simple but I'm not figuring it out. The Motorola picture contacts disappeared off my phone. I shut down and started it back up... Nope, still gone. I dont even know exactly what its called..... Is it a widget??

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Ansa82's Avatar
    Member #
    230780
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #2
    Duh..i figured it out.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    DocsDad's Avatar
    Member #
    249154
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa82 View Post
    Duh..i figured it out.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    What happened and what was the fix?

    thx
  4. Senior Droid
    Ansa82's Avatar
    Member #
    230780
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    What happened and what was the fix?

    thx
    Not sure how it disappeared, but phone was on in my purse, when I took it out my favorite contacts on the home page were gone. I figured it was a widget.
  5. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    What happened and what was the fix?

    thx
    It's the favorite contact widget. Only works with stock launcher.
    FoxKat and DocsDad like this.
  6. Junior Droid
    ebertsj's Avatar
    Member #
    255214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    It's the favorite contact widget. Only works with stock launcher.
    Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...
  7. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ebertsj View Post
    Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...
    No problem - I'm pretty new myself. This is my first Droid as well.

    The term launcher sort of like a desktop on your home pc. It's the program that contains, organizes, launches your apps. If you haven't purposefully gone and downloaded another (like Go Launcher or Launcher Pro), don't worry about it - you are running the stock one.

    If you're new to this then let's be sure that you're not dragging the widget up to the trash can on top of the home screen. That would make it disappear. When you go to open it, be sure you only drag it downward to open it and aren't moving it. By default, it's right up at the top of the screen by the trash can so it'd be easy to remove it without realizing it.

    If it's the contacts that are disappearing from it, then open up the Contacts app, click on the Favorites tab. Under Favorites, are you seeing anyone? If not, scroll down to whom you want to add, select them and then select the star in the upper right corner.

    Also, since you're new, you might want to bookmark the Android Manual. Android is the OS on the phone, like Windows on a pc. It can be a good source of a lot info. Many things you might think of as being your phone, and therefore Verizon or Motorola's issues, are really Android and learning your way around it can be very helpful.
  8. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    ...you might want to bookmark the Android Manual. Android is the OS on the phone, like Windows on a pc. It can be a good source of a lot info. Many things you might think of as being your phone, and therefore Verizon or Motorola's issues, are really Android and learning your way around it can be very helpful.
    Once again, I learned something new from SallyC! What a great resource that I didn't even know existed! Way to go Sally Star!


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Master Droid
    lowvolt's Avatar
    Member #
    237093
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    412
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #9
    Just a thought. Is it possible that you are adding the widget to a home screen that is not the home screen.
    Ie: you should have several home screens. Have you scrolled through them all? I don't know. Like I said
    Just a thought.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lowvolt View Post
    Just a thought. Is it possible that you are adding the widget to a home screen that is not the home screen.
    Ie: you should have several home screens. Have you scrolled through them all? I don't know. Like I said
    Just a thought.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    I thought that too...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
  2. Pic contacts disappeared now??
    By Ansa82 in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 07:23 PM
  3. Contacts disappeared
    By dopeskwyd in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
  4. Phone contacts disappeared
    By gelfn in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 09:27 AM
  5. Contacts Have Disappeared
    By obieag in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 08:12 AM

Search tags for this page

contact pictures disappeared android

,

droid razr favorite contacts disappeared

,
favorite contact pics disappeared
,
favorite contacts widget disappeared
,
favorites on droid home screen
,
go contact widget disappears
,

how to add favorite contacts to home screen on droid

,
how to put favorite contacts on droid
,

how to put favorites on droid razr home screen

,
my favorites disappeared on my droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+