DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Picture contacts disappeared

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Way to go Sally Star!
    You're cracking me up!!!
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I have also learned quite a few things from "Sally Star"...thank you! I've had Android for years now and been on this forum for many as well and learn so much. It pays to have a newbie on board...those that ask the questions and those that have great answers and resources! Thanks again Sally and to the OP who asked the original question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    SallyC likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    I have also learned quite a few things from "Sally Star"...thank you! I've had Android for years now and been on this forum for many as well and learn so much. It pays to have a newbie on board...those that ask the questions and those that have great answers and resources! Thanks again Sally and to the OP who asked the original question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Aww, thank you. What a nice way to start my day.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR

Disappeating favorite contacts

Sally, thank you so much...but I fear I was not precise enough. It is not the actual widget that is disappearing, just the 10-12 contacts I had diligently added using what you described...that is, going to Contacts and hitting the green star for each.

So, however, just to follow your logic, I did go back and look at my favorites in contacts, and lo and behold, 2 things: 1) I only had one shown though when I last did this, I had 10, AND, even this on is not showing up in the widget...

I will say I have seen this issue raised before in various places, and have NOT seen a "fix" mentioned...

One last thought...is it possible the favorite contacts really wants to "use" the Google contacts, or needs to be set to this? I was unpleasanrtly surprised, and helped by this forum, to find that voice commands for text, e-mail, call only work off of Google Contacts...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by ebertsj View Post

One last thought...is it possible the favorite contacts really wants to "use" the Google contacts, or needs to be set to this? I was unpleasanrtly surprised, and helped by this forum, to find that voice commands for text, e-mail, call only work off of Google Contacts...
    Yes, it is quite possible. That's why I suggested opening the Contact app and going to the Favorite tab.

I've had flaky things happen using the setup in the widget too.

Try setting things up that way and see if it "sticks. "
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Btw, I looked on my pc at my contacts in gmail and the ones that are in my Favorite Contacts app have a label of Starred in Android. So that might be another way to mark them.

I didn't mark them there but opened them up in the Contact app and clicked the star. That seems to have worked for me.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Fix for losing contact pics on desktop

Quote Originally Posted by ebertsj View Post
    Huh? I am a "newbie"...and am seeing the same thing. I dutifully set up all my favorites, then whenever I turn the phone off, and back on, they go away. What do all these "answers" here mean? That is, I have not a clue as to what the "favorite conact" widget has to do with "stock launcher"...so far, in various threads, I am seeing "only" issues, not resolution. So how exactly does one keep Favorite Contacts from disappearing. Note: in working with Verizon/Droid help, got the obligatory "let's try a reset, sorry you will have to redo everything...", which to me says they don't have a clue, and are trying to "get rid of me"...am off to the store today to see if they want their phone back as using the Favorites is one of the biggest things I would do if it worked...
    This has happened to me twice in the past three weeks and for no reason that I can think of. The fix, if you had pics on the desktop, should be.....find a blank space on the desktop, hold down your finger on the blank space until the "add to Home screen" notice appears, chose "Widgets", page down to "Quick Widgets" and touch. The pics you had on the screen should magically reappear on your desktop. I hope this works for you....it did for me.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by raydeeo View Post
    This has happened to me twice in the past three weeks and for no reason that I can think of. The fix, if you had pics on the desktop, should be.....find a blank space on the desktop, hold down your finger on the blank space until the "add to Home screen" notice appears, chose "Widgets", page down to "Quick Widgets" and touch. The pics you had on the screen should magically reappear on your desktop. I hope this works for you....it did for me.

I think I resolved this...and it relates to pretty much everything else in techno-land...that is, until I loaded my GOOGLE account with my contacts (vs. synching with my Outlook work account), they simply would FULL get droppe, and would have to go back in choose them all over again after fully turning the phone off. Now, since "adding" one more thing to worry (I use Hotmail for my e-mauil, and NOT going to change this over, so now have 3 places to tyr to keep in synch) about...i.e., synching with Google account, all is "good"...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

I'm Lost: Home Screen Contacts Lost

My four home screen frequent icons disappeared. These contacts are still in my Contact App, but the shortcuts have disappeared from the home screen. I tried power off/on, but that didn't restore them (I thought it would).

How do I restore these?
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Websquad View Post
    My four home screen frequent icons disappeared. These contacts are still in my Contact App, but the shortcuts have disappeared from the home screen. I tried power off/on, but that didn't restore them (I thought it would).

How do I restore these?
    Are you meaning the icons at the bottom of your home screen???

Are you stock or rooted?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links