DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curios on whether to stay or go to maxx

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2

Curios on whether to stay or go to maxx

Just got this phone last Friday in white I love it. The design and screen are awesome but I'm curious as to this battery life it seems bipolar...today I got 10 hours and my phone was in my pocket while I was at class and did very little surfing and texting. Will this get better? Or should I switch to the Max because I'm still within my 14 days. But ill honestly miss the white...
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    You can tweek your settings through Smart Actions based on your usage patterns to dramatically improve battery life. However, a sleek white phone with a dead battery is a nothing more than a sleek white paperweight.

JMHO, but if there's any doubt in your mind, I'd go ahead and get the Maxx, especially if you're within your return period. I got the Razr on launch day and was very satisfied, but there were times when I really had to watch what I was doing because of battery life. I decided to get the Maxx and am so glad I did -- the thing is a beast! You won't regret it, even if it's not the color you desire.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    I mean battery life is my number one so ill look into it for sure. Is the Max's life that much better?

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleDroids View Post
    I mean battery life is my number one so ill look into it for sure. Is the Max's life that much better?
    Absolutely, positively YES!!!

There really is no comparison. I leave everything enabled and the only time I shut things down through Smart Actions is at night. I'm asleep and don't want to be bothered anyway, so who cares if the thing is syncing data or not. I can normally go two full days and still have 20-30% battery remaining on a single charge. Of course, my definition of moderate usage may be different than yours, but I doubt you'll ever kill it in a single day unless you're really trying. It's that good.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Haha yeah my usage consists of about an hour tops of gaming a little texting and facebook and the forums of course but I would say 60% of the time my phone is in my pocket.. so the Maxx seems much better

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back to CA or somewhere away from snow!!
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Note II, Razr Maxx
    I wanted a color razr but the battery of the maxx sold me. This battery is amazing!! I watched a movie, some texting and facebook a few short calls and still had battery left.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Just got this phone last Friday in white I love it. The design and screen are awesome but I'm curious as to this battery life it seems bipolar...today I got 10 hours and my phone was in my pocket while I was at class and did very little surfing and texting. Will this get better? Or should I switch to the Max because I'm still within my 14 days. But ill honestly miss the white...
    I know on my Droid 4, there's a SmartActions app that has battery saving functions. You set rules where at certain times, the phone switches to various battery saving modes. That seemed to do the trick for me. I had a problem with the low battery life on my phone too, but this seemed to help a little bit.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Yeah I spoke with a rep today and got a maxx on the way I tried to get overnight buy he said that they couldn't because of back order looks Like ill get it next Wednesday

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Yeah I spoke with a rep today and got a maxx on the way I tried to get overnight buy he said that they couldn't because of back order looks Like ill get it next Wednesday

You'll like it. Great phone just like the razr and juice for power users.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    If you're feeling "ifey" right now I'd go get the Maxx. There are things you can do to extend the battery life, but if you are a power user then you're probably better off getting the Maxx while you're within the return window. I don't think you'll regret it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links