DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razr Data Dead

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr

Thumbs down Razr Data Dead

The data on my Razr died today, first it could not get 4G then it stopped getting 3G so only wireless works. Stopped by the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card and still no joy. The tech tried a bunch of other things and data was still a no go. They ordered me a replacement and it will be here on Monday, at least it still works as a phone. Not having data over the weekend is going to be a real pain.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    does wifi work when mine lost data i could get wifi

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack1951 View Post
    The data on my Razr died today, first it could not get 4G then it stopped getting 3G so only wireless works. Stopped by the Verizon store and they replaced the sim card and still no joy. The tech tried a bunch of other things and data was still a no go. They ordered me a replacement and it will be here on Monday, at least it still works as a phone. Not having data over the weekend is going to be a real pain.

Try this...

Go to the Market and download "Data Enabler". It's a widget, not an app, so once you install it you'll need to go to your home screen and press and hold in a blank area. Then choose Widgets, and then scroll down to Data Enabler and select.

It will put a 1X1 widget on the screen that toggles data on the phone at the system level. This has fixed your problem for me. Make sure you have Data turned on by going to Menu>Settings>Data manager> and make sure "Data enabled" is checked and also "Background data".

Once you've done the above, tap on the Data enabler widget and the Green light will go out. Wait about 5-10 seconds to be sure it has cycled all radios off. Now tap on the widget again and wait. It may take as much as 10-15 seconds to get your data back on but if it isn't a defective phone, this may very well fix the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    No joy. I just get the white lines and no 3g or 4g or 1x next to them. Phone makes calls fine and wifi works fine. Guess i will just have to wait and see what I get Monday. Hope it is not someone elses problem phone.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Yes wifi works fine but I won't be anywhere with wifi this weekend.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    No joy. I just get the white lines and no 3g or 4g or 1x next to them. Phone makes calls fine and wifi works fine. Guess i will just have to wait and see what I get Monday. Hope it is not someone elses problem phone.
    OK, sounds like bigger problems. I suppose asking if you are rooted and have made any changes to the OS is probably going to result in a NO answer as well? The other potential possibility is that the carrier (Verizon) is having sporadic outages in your area and the phone is having trouble getting the towers to authenticate. Have you tried the old stand-by...*611 for technical support?

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    OK, sounds like bigger problems. I suppose asking if you are rooted and have made any changes to the OS is probably going to result in a NO answer as well? The other potential possibility is that the carrier (Verizon) is having sporadic outages in your area and the phone is having trouble getting the towers to authenticate. Have you tried the old stand-by...*611 for technical support?
    When I was at the store all the other phones were getting full 4/G and I was getting nothing so not a Verizon problem only my phone. Phone is not rooted it is complete stock. Hope the phone I get Monday works better.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    When I was at the store all the other phones were getting full 4/G and I was getting nothing so not a Verizon problem only my phone. Phone is not rooted it is complete stock. Hope the phone I get Monday works better.
    I am very sorry to hear of the problems. Of course we all want to help whenever possible and this type of failure is often related to the suggestions made, however every once in a while there is a REAL problem with a phone and apparently yours is that rare one in thousands. I hope you understand that I wasn't doubting you, but simply wanted to be sure.

Good luck with the new phone when it arrives.

"Professor FoxKat"
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    EXACT same thing happened to my phone 3 weeks ago. No data whatsoever....got a replacement phone too....

Don't factory reset the phone, or it will be totally useless

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    I am very sorry to hear of the problems. Of course we all want to help whenever possible and this type of failure is often related to the suggestions made, however every once in a while there is a REAL problem with a phone and apparently yours is that rare one in thousands. I hope you understand that I wasn't doubting you, but simply wanted to be sure.

Good luck with the new phone when it arrives.
    Understood and thanks for trying to help. I've been in IT from the time it was called MIS and am always amused when people take offense or get annoyed when I ask them the questions I need to ask to troubleshoot their problem. I have had Verizon phones since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile and this is the first time I even needed to get a phone replaced.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links