DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Screen Of Death Continues on to Razr Maxx!!! What is going on Motorola!!!!!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855 Froyo 2.2
    My main concern is the battery. My Bionic had this problem and with a change of battery (newer release batch as I checked); there is no more unnecessary rebooting. The thing is this razr phone has a fixed battery
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Have had my bionic since launch day and it's been a perfect device since 901 back in December. And rebooting from a bsod isn't that big of a deal, I had to force reboot on my iphone 3gs a buncha times. The only app that causes me any trouble anymore is gta3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If nothing else just take it to Verizon! Out of the four bionics I got on release day I've had to replace only one under warranty because the sim reader failed or something and I couldn't get 4g on it. Verizon didn't have a problem replacing it for me.
    The new one is good and the first three are still stable as the great pyramids!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Good for you that your Droid Bionic works since the day it launched! I bought my Bionic for $299 on its launch day too... yay!!!! What a fast phone compared to my OG Droid! My dream phone since its delayed date of CES! But paying $300 with 2year contracts, you should expect a working phone out of the box! I had many exchanges where the 5th REFURB phone actually works. In a busy business day where you expect many important calls and your phone dead where all calls automatically go to voicemail, what a nice set of reddened ears I had! So yeah.. rebooting part of the bsod is seriously no big deal if the phone in its slow mode or if I overused my phone and in my knowledge that my phone needs a reboot to make it usable again.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    The thing is that this Maxx isn't as chronic as my Bionic. It is out of its 14 days warranty and the phone is rooted! I am out of luck till 2013, at least am holding on a brand new phone
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I've had lockups happen on every electronic device ever, from my RAZR to an iPad to a PSX and everything in between. I don't get what the big deal is. My RAZR is actually pretty good; only happened once in the 3+ months I've had it, and I use the hell out of this thing and rarely ever reboot.

Sliced from my RAZR
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    I've had lockups happen on every electronic device ever, from my RAZR to an iPad to a PSX and everything in between. I don't get what the big deal is. My RAZR is actually pretty good; only happened once in the 3+ months I've had it, and I use the hell out of this thing and rarely ever reboot.

Sliced from my RAZR
    I agree. As long as its not frequent, it isn't a big deal IMO. While it should work perfect in an ideal world, but this isn't an ideal world with flawless products.

MIUI 2012.2.29
    -Brad
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Hmm this is interesting new news .... I understood that every products have its flaws and so perhaps every stores need to remove return policy. Good to know! I had it once no big deal ... let's hope just happen this once. Toyota CEOs need no crying and apologizing in the US Senate floor after all ... what a waste of time to watch that on national TV... Should move on with life as long as it doesn't happen nor involve yourself.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Darn it... now it sounds like bunch of rants and defending myself out of nothing. I created this in order to try to troubleshoot and see if there are other who had experienced one as I read in other forums. Since this forum is huge for Android users, I thought posting this should be sufficient. Unlike when I had Bionic, I know this time that am out of luck and must take responsibility since I rooted my phone.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr Maxx
    Please read my similar thread here: Maxx Shuts Off by itself - False Low Battery?

Can you tell me if what is described in my original post is the BSOD as disussed here or something different?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links