DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Google Music!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Google Music!

Does anyone know how to use this? I just purchased an album through Google Music. However I want to download it on my phone so I can listen to it in my car, when not connected to the internet. It seems the only way to listen to my album through Google Music is when I'm connected to the internet. Even when I select make available offline, I need to be connected to Wifi?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    "Make available offline" works fine for me, I don't need to be on wifi for it to work. I think there are settings which allow you to download your songs without being on wifi.
    But really, you should just stream it! I only have like 100 songs downloaded but I have like 7000 on my Google music. Never had any problems streaming FROM THE CLOUUUUD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BroidDrionic View Post
    "Make available offline" works fine for me, I don't need to be on wifi for it to work. I think there are settings which allow you to download your songs without being on wifi.
    But really, you should just stream it! I only have like 100 songs downloaded but I have like 7000 on my Google music. Never had any problems streaming FROM THE CLOUUUUD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    If I'm not connected to Wifi the album is greyed out, even though I made sure I checked available offline. I just want to download songs to my SD card to play on my phone, like my ipod. Is Google Music not a good way of going about that? I don't think this album is even in MP3 format.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by pico1 View Post
    If I'm not connected to Wifi the album is greyed out, even though I made sure I checked available offline. I just want to download songs to my SD card to play on my phone, like my ipod. Is Google Music not a good way of going about that? I don't think this album is even in MP3 format.
    When you selected make available offline that tells the app to download the music to your sd card. I have a handful of my favorites downloaded for when I wasn't too listen to music without being connected...... like travelling on an airplane. Not sure why your phone is not downloading the songs. Haven't, under settings, there are options on when the app should download songs like over WiFi only or whatever.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle King 76 View Post
    When you selected make available offline that tells the app to download the music to your sd card. I have a handful of my favorites downloaded for when I wasn't too listen to music without being connected...... like travelling on an airplane. Not sure why your phone is not downloading the songs. Haven't, under settings, there are options on when the app should download songs like over WiFi only or whatever.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    Yeah I see that now, it says it's downloading but it's been stuck on 19% for the past 8 mins, I hope that it pushes through. Basically I don't want to stream music through my phone, I just want to dl it to my phone and play there. Also it says that there's 8 GB available in the bottom of the GM app, but my SD card is 16 GB. Does that mean it's downloading to my internal phone memory?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Haven't purchased a song yet, but I uploaded my entire collection of 2500 songs over the last 2 days. It's nice that I can listen to my music and Podscasts.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    How is the battery drain using Google music, as opposed to using songs just placed on the SD?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not sure what's wrong but my dl is stuck and not moving. Anyone know the best way to get music onto your SD card for this phone? Thanks!
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    I just used the PC Media Sync mode and Windows Media player for mine. Transferred about 9GBs worth of music just fine, took awhile but works great.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy note 3, RAZR XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Haven't purchased a song yet, but I uploaded my entire collection of 2500 songs over the last 2 days. It's nice that I can listen to my music and Podscasts.
    Will you be able to stream those songs from the "cloud" to your phone then from your phone to a network receiver like an Onkyo?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links