DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Went in to buy an iPhone 4s... but walked out with a Razr.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy note 3, RAZR XT912
    My wife has the iphone 4, I think it's to heavy. And now that I'm used to the RAZR, the iphone 4 screen seems tiny, nice quality picture, but tiny.

I think the RAZR camera is the only weak point, when I tap to take the picture, the shot gets moved out of focus. I wish the display button or volume buttons
    could snap the pic.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I actually had the opposite happen...I had gone into Verizon to get another droid phone when I wanted a larger screen (I had a droid incredible) and Verizon employees were pushing I phone 4s big time. I felt so uncomfortable about it I left the store! On another date same thing...really heavy pushing towards I phone. I ended up coming home & calling Verizon by phone! Then I was able to get what I wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDeuce View Post
    LOL, not sure how that happened... I always wanted an iPhone because so many cool app

s are available. But the folks at Verizon convinced me that the Razr is a far superior phone, and while it may not have access to as many apps, I would have access to the ones I really use. And they made me feel good about my purchase, but now that I'm home, I have a twinge of regret. But before buying I was in 2 other Verizon stores and they also tried to steer me from an iPhone, so I wonder if Verizon just would rather not sell as many iPhones. Maybe apple wants too big a cut from Verizon... just seems weird that ALL of them pushed me away from an iPhone.

The thing is, I know a lot about apple apps as we have all kinds of apple products in our home..... I'm just hoping that I can find some apps that are similar to what I'll be missing.... iMovie, Pages, and a few games I love. One thing I did notice tonight is that there doesn't seem to be a Hulu+ app for Android. That kind of makes me sad.

Oh, and this is probably covered in 100 other threads, but are there any absolutely MUST HAVE apps that you think EVERYBODY should have on their phones?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    So I just recently got rid of my iPhone 4s for a DROID RAZR and Friday I'm going g back to Verizon and getting a iPhone 4s. I always run back to my iPhone I can count on my iPhone more than this RAZR. I'm so use to ios. The RAZR is cool and all but I will always be an apple fan. I'm not hating on android I think there stuff is cool and there coming up but there still not close to how the iPhone is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    by the way hulu plus is coming to android, google hulu plus for android too see what I'm referring to.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Oh, one more reason to appreciate your decision. The famous Apple kill switch does not apply to Android, lol. Buy an app and it's really yours, not just yours until someone no longer decides to allow you its use.

ddfuji likes this.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    All my Verizon purchase experiences have been pretty simple. I've never had someone try to sell me on a phone or anything. I walk in and wait for my turn. The rep asks how he can help me and I tell him what I want. He doesn't question my decision he just says OK and runs to get the phone and the 40 accessories he'll try to sell me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I was in a similar boat with the apps, I had an iPhone 3G before switching to my first Android. At first a lot of the apps I used on the iPhone weren't available on Android, or so I thought, once you look around on the Android Market you find there are several replacements for any one app on iOS. After using Android for a while I took a look at the app store and at least 1/3rd the apps I use now aren't even available on iOS.

Another note, many of the apps that cost $0.99 on the app store are free on Android!
    Zandar and ddfuji like this.
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrxcx5790 View Post
    So I just recently got rid of my iPhone 4s for a DROID RAZR and Friday I'm going g back to Verizon and getting a iPhone 4s. I always run back to my iPhone I can count on my iPhone more than this RAZR. I'm so use to ios. The RAZR is cool and all but I will always be an apple fan. I'm not hating on android I think there stuff is cool and there coming up but there still not close to how the iPhone is.

no offence but it sounds like u got frightened by how amazing and awesome droids are and now running back to the familiar iPhone. u cant even compare an android and iPhone. it wouldnt be fair to the iPhone. have u seen ur RZR? did u play with it? talk to it? let it open up a whole new world for u?
    dont give up so quickly. u will forget iPhone even exists after a u become friends with ur droid.
    remember the droid from Star Wars? he was advanced for his time, and had a name, R2D2
    i call mine "Andrew" ...Android-Andrew...
    cause hes more than just a phone...cant keep calling him "phone"
    just give ur droid a chance
    explore the possibilities, whatever iPhone cant do(which is alot) comes naturally to droids
    ddfuji likes this.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    To me the shocking thing isn't that several reps prefer the RAZR (agree with the above poster), the shocking thing is that they bothered to "sell" you on any phone. I find it just short of amazing that you go into 3 stores to buy an IPhone and any rep bothers to even show you the Android phones.

It could be that VZW is, understandably, just pushing LTE. Which means 4G phones. Which the IPhone isn't.
    I_think_ it's because the carriers bottom line is impacted because of Apple's demands. Yes they pick up subscriptions, but at what cost is this coming to them in the long run. Sprint has felt the "negative" impact of carrying the iPhone and are evaluating what the actual cost to benefit really is. As you know a German (I think it was a german carrier) carrier told them to kick rocks. It wasn't worth it to them. I don't think it's just simple math as some people think it is.

Perhaps it's just simply because the employees are actually seeing that the RAZR really is just a "better" phone. Just my thoughts.....
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    My stepfather wanted my sister to leave Tmo to ATT, which only he has, everyone else in teh family is on VZW. She called from the ATT store asking which to get, the iP4s or the Samsung GSII. I told her the Galaxy was a superior phone, but that she needed to go to VZW and check out the phones first, and told her to look at the Razr and the GN.

She called me back later on telling me she's seen the light and got a Razr back with the double data promo.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links