DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Razr v. Nexus upgrade

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidatic View Post
    If you're talking about using resources, that I can understand. But since Matias openly stated that they took the best ideas from manufacturer UI's and incorporated them into ICS, it's like the vanilla Android is, by default, skinned.
    IMO, they are full of ****. I have used it. It did not seem as smooth as a custom launcher to me (though I admit it is better than previous default launchers on Android). I would still rather have GoLauncher instead of the ICS launcher.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Moto RAZR MAXX
    I picked up a Nexus at the VZW store and the security tether pulled the cheap plastic back right off the phone. I played with it a little and wasn't wowed at all. Went to the RAZR, and knew it was for me.

This device is doing everything I ask of it without needing to root or flash roms, seems like it's built to last, and looks absolutely amazing.

As far as ICS goes, I've had that on my Xoom for a little bit now and agree that GO Launcher is also my preferred UI for phone and tablet. When 4.0.x comes to the RAZR, I'll still use GO.

RAZR MAXX
    Last edited by William_04_x; 02-14-2012 at 07:25 PM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    having both phones, i'd have to say that razr maxx has better hardware while nexus has better software. i can do a lot more with my nexus, yet the signal, camera and call quality dominate on razr.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid charge
    Obviously you have no idea what your talking about! The screen on the nexus is bigger than the razor. 4.65 compared to the 4.5 in of the razor! Quality overall nexus is the winner! Battery totally sucks in the razor. Nexus gets better usage than any ph I've used! I get 10 hrs on the standard battery using it moderately during the day. Nexus 2 thumbs up!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid charge
    Oh yeah, if your going to talk about the razor Maxx, next make sure you mention its really thick and heavy, and should not be called razor! That would be lying to its customers!

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid charge
    This one goes to william.
    William, let me ask you, how many times do you think people yanked the phone hard enough to pull the back off of the nexus? Few hundred maybe? How many times do ordinary people pull the back off there phs to begin with? Did you know the razor is GLUED together! Lol even if you wanted to you can't remove the battery! Right? Don't you think that totally sucks! Smaller screen, can't remove the battery, glued together! Old software! Slow camera! My camera takes a photo instant, what's the lag on the razor , 3 sec! So if the person moves they lost the pic! Lol the screen is pretty on the razor but so was the one on my charge! I dumped that ph for top notch quality ph! Not the same crap I had!

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7568 View Post
    Obviously you have no idea what your talking about! The screen on the nexus is bigger than the razor. 4.65 compared to the 4.5 in of the razor! Quality overall nexus is the winner! Battery totally sucks in the razor. Nexus gets better usage than any ph I've used! I get 10 hrs on the standard battery using it moderately during the day. Nexus 2 thumbs up!

Screen is bigger on the Nexus.

Overall quality goes to the Razr, hands down. That's not even an issue.

I have the standard Razr and get of 12 hours on the battery with heavy usage. I'm talking internet, streaming Pandora via Bluetooth and a 4G connection.

If you're only getting 10 hours with moderate usage, that's a bit weak. I get 14-16 with only moderate usage. And that's unrooted.

Oh, you can remove the battery if you really wanted to. Check out YouTube and you'll see how easy it is.

And obviously you haven't used the Razr camera. It's a tick slower than the Nexus since the last update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androidatic; 02-15-2012 at 06:17 AM.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    having both phones, i'd have to say that razr maxx has better hardware while nexus has better software. i can do a lot more with my nexus, yet the signal, camera and call quality dominate on razr.
    No matter what some folks say...I agree with this 100%. I didnt/dont use the cameras enough on both phones to really care..but signal and call quality? Its one reason why I like my RAZR and Motorola in general. And when I say signal...not talking about decibels or bars. I mean real world use.

Hardware....its gonna be debatable. G Nex has higher res screen, cant see Pentile on it as easy, has updated cpu/gpu. RAZR has good antennas, phone use hardware, massive stock battery... I wont say that the RAZR Maxx has better hardware. It has better hardware depending on what you you want in a phone. All these phones are the best depending on what you want in a phone.
    Last edited by jroc; 02-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Obviously you have no idea what your talking about! The screen on the nexus is bigger than the razor. 4.65 compared to the 4.5 in of the razor!
    A bigger screen is not necessarily better. I think the Nexus display is better too, but not because of the physical size.

Slow camera! My camera takes a photo instant, what's the lag on the razor , 3 sec! So if the person moves they lost the pic!
    I'd rather have good quality than fast shutter speed. A fast shutter does me no good if the images look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I wont say that the RAZR Maxx has better hardware. It has better hardware depending on what you you want in a phone. All these phones are the best depending on what you want in a phone.
    This.

None of the phones are best at everything. It all depends on what features are most important to you.
    Last edited by JeffDenver; 02-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid charge
    Let's see let's compare a ph that had to be upgraded to a larger battery because people were complaining from start to finish razor would be dead in 5 hrs. After all why would Motorola make the same ph with a bigger battery.

Maybe you people need to get your specs correct, nexus is the largest display of any ph to this day! Get it right! Do your homework. Razor mazz, come on now! Yeah I wanna buy a bulky ph that weighs a ton.

There is no way anyone can get 12 hrs off a stock razor! Stop lying! Tiny little battery!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links