ICS (Ice Cream Sandwick coming or...
Built within this posting are the following quotes on the expectation of when the ICS "may be coming".
Originally Posted by ltcalex
In fact, no Motorola products will get Android 4.0 until April at the earliest, and even then, the only device getting it is the Xoom Family Edition tablet. Other devices confirmed to get the upgrade starting in July are the Photon 4G on Sprint, Atrix 2 on AT&T and Droid Xyboard 10.1 and 8.9 tablets from Verizon. All other smartphones and tablets, including the brand new Droid 4 and still new Droid Razr, are categorized by Motorola as being in the evaluation and planning stage. That means Motorola hasn't even made up their minds about whether those devices will get the update, despite the fact Motorola has been approved for purchase by Google itself.
The news will come as a surprise to many because the Droid Razr is the flagship device from Motorola.
It appears they keep us anticipating this new arrival and pushing out the update. Anyone know why?
Everything ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
This posting will be a bit long, please have patience. I have been anticipating the ICS since its first being mentioned as an updated OS. It appears the below info on its coming in May will be delayed even further, however, what it should bring to us follows.
Ice Cream Sandwich
Probably the biggest attraction of the day, Ice Cream Sandwich was also announced at the event. I’m mentioning the highlights here -
This info was copied from the following web site: All About Ice Cream Sandwich And Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Androsym
- Google Beam – Basically, NFC technology, ala Nokia Just Tap. Pair two NFC devices just by touching them and send across files wirelessly.
- Works on both tablets and phones. That was the basic premise for Ice Cream Sandwich
- Roboto Font – Made specially for HD displays, the Roboto font enhances readability, obviously.
- Resizable widgets, better Notifications and KeyboardNew People app. Ala People Hub on Windows Phone, just not as good, thoughhttp://androsym.com/wp-content/uploa...People-App.png New Data Usage app, so you know how much data you’ve used and have control over ithttp://androsym.com/wp-content/uploa...-usage-app.png
- New Homescreen. Open Camera and Phone right from the shortcuts here. Roboto font definitely looks sweet here
- Zero shutter lag in Camera, and response time of just 0.01 ms (the touchscreen/UI)
- Native Screenshots capability
- Face Unlock = More security
- New Browser – Incognito Mode, offline page viewing etc
- New Gmail and Calendar appshttp://androsym.com/wp-content/uploa...-Gmail-app.png