DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leak 2.3.6 mobile hotspot fixed

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Leak 2.3.6 mobile hotspot fixed

sorry, got tired of looking for the appropriate thread. Dies anyone pay for the hotspot feature and had updated to 6.12.173? Can you trill me if motorola fixed the hotspot bugs with certain websites not loading and problems accessing Netflix from a tablet or ps3

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckepascoe View Post
    sorry, got tired of looking for the appropriate thread. Dies anyone pay for the hotspot feature and had updated to 6.12.173? Can you trill me if motorola fixed the hotspot bugs with certain websites not loading and problems accessing Netflix from a tablet or ps3

Try this Secure sites not available with tethering via hotspot and USB

Looks like it fixed the problem for several posters.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    That's fine for a PC, but it didn't help with my Xoom or ps3. Thank though

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckepascoe View Post
    That's fine for a PC, but it didn't help with my Xoom or ps3. Thank though

Sorry, I knew it would be worthless information for your PS3, however I didn't know what kind of "tablet" you owned and assumed if it was a Windows tablet you'd benefit from the information. I would say, take the basic content of the solution and port it over to Android for the tablet, and if at all possible whatever changes to the PS3 that are of the same purpose.

Good luck.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    You know I asked that same question a couple of times and to no avail, people just didn't answer the question for a couple of reasons. 1. they don't use the hotspot, 2. they only use the hotspot on a computer 3. they have never experienced the problems with the hotspot. The computer problem was easily fixed by changing a couple of settings but I like to use the hotspot with my iPad which is not always possible because of the limitations of the hotspot. So either all these people who have downloaded the leak have not or they don't use the hotspot.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    I had some problems with the hotspot on 2.3.5 many were fixed by changing an ip parameter to 1400 (find details elsewhere) but, mac air and ipad 2 still did not work.

i waited for a rollout to fix which I assumed was 2.3.6 (6.12.173) - applied the OTA - turned the hotspot on and shazam, problems were worse than before. Very flakey hotspot even with windows boxes - at first would not even broadcast the SSID - then connection was super flakey - and still now not connecting to mac air at all (2.3.5 used to) and no ipad 2. It works, but not very well and not very reliably... not good. Some developers and QA Motorola and google have on hotspots...
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    I had some problems with the hotspot on 2.3.5 many were fixed by changing an ip parameter to 1400 (find details elsewhere) but, mac air and ipad 2 still did not work.<br><br>i waited for a rollout to fix which I assumed was 2.3.6 (6.12.173) - applied the OTA - turned the hotspot on and shazam, problems were worse than before. &nbsp;Very flakey hotspot even with windows boxes - at first would not even broadcast the SSID - then connection was super flakey - and still now not connecting to mac air at all (2.3.5 used to) and no ipad 2. &nbsp;It works, but not very well and not very reliably... not good. &nbsp;Some developers and QA Motorola, Verizon and google have on hotspots...
    jmdearras likes this.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr - Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelf101 View Post
    I had some problems with the hotspot on 2.3.5 many were fixed by changing an ip parameter to 1400 (find details elsewhere) but, mac air and ipad 2 still did not work.

i waited for a rollout to fix which I assumed was 2.3.6 (6.12.173) - applied the OTA - turned the hotspot on and shazam, problems were worse than before. Very flakey hotspot even with windows boxes - at first would not even broadcast the SSID - then connection was super flakey - and still now not connecting to mac air at all (2.3.5 used to) and no ipad 2. It works, but not very well and not very reliably... not good. Some developers and QA Motorola and google have on hotspots...
    This is exactly my problem. Come on Motorola, this is not rocket science! My Droid Incredible was rock solid as a hotspot!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    The problems you are having it would seem in the forum are one that no one else or very few others are having. Afetr the update I have been running my mac and my iPad off the hotspot with no problems what so ever. I was even streaming a movie over the weekend to the iPad while traveling down the interstate. I hope there is someone here on the forum that can help you out with some ideas.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr - Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by gator57 View Post
    The problems you are having it would seem in the forum are one that no one else or very few others are having. Afetr the update I have been running my mac and my iPad off the hotspot with no problems what so ever. I was even streaming a movie over the weekend to the iPad while traveling down the interstate. I hope there is someone here on the forum that can help you out with some ideas.
    It is strange. If I get a connection, I can also stream anything, for long periods. Just seeing the SSID, and then getting a connection is the only problem, now. May be some app interaction?

Jim
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links