DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Razr....Yes or No..?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Original Razr....Yes or No..?

I'm going to purchase my Razr this week. I have a $50.00 discount waiting and still trying to decide if I should get the original Razr or Maxx! How many are satisfied with the battery life on the original?

I'm thinking about buying the 16gb for $199.00 but will I be able to take my SD card from my Droid X out and install it in the Razr? Not sure if that can be done? The rep from Verizon on the phone said I could, but I want to be sure. I would love to get a Razr for only $150.00 (including my discount).

I like to watch a lot of news clips like CNN, MSNBC, CBS etc, so I'm wondering if I should just buy the Maxx at $299 with $50 discount.... Decisions...Decisions.... One good thing is I get 25% off on accessories due to my Government Discount. What would you do?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    The maxx. You Will be glad you spent the extra money trust me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I would DEFINITELY go with the Maxx. I would never consider purchasing the Original Droid Razr at this point.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I'd try them both out. The Razr already has one of the better batter lifes, it gets me through the day.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    I have the RAZR (non Maxx) and am very happy with the battery life. Much better than my OG Droid and with Smart Actions enabled for home and work it lasts all day without a problem. That said, if I was buying today I would definitely get the Maxx. 3300mah battery for ~1mm of thickness. FTW
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    If you are looking to get a great phone with good battery life and at a great price, The Droid RAZR is an EXCELLENT choice. If you are looking for a great phone with great battery life and a $299.00 price tag the Droid RAZR Maxx will be an EXCELLENT choice. If both phones were $150.00 I'd say get the Maxx (for obvious reasons) If I was in your position I'd get the Droid RAZR (at that price and w/ that accessory deal it can't be beat)

Yes you can use your old SD card. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razr
    I have the 1st Gen and i have to charge mine twice each day, but I do use it a lot...if I had the option of the maxx when i got this one i definitely would have shelled out the extra cash...because the battery is non removable its almost a no brainer since you'll have the phone for two years.

Razr FTW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    You do have around 14 days to exchange the phone for a new one. I'd go with the RAZR see how you like it for a week or so, and if the battery isn't worth it replace it with the MAXX.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanks for all of the quick responses. I think I will try the Razr first. Not sure what Smart Actions to use but I will figure it out. From what I read, the original Razr has good battery life so thats enough for me. If I can get through at least a day without charging it, I'm satisfied. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase a 16gb SD card from instead of Verizon? I hear Verizon's is too expensive.

I love this board. I always get quick and helpful responses! You all are great.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Your comment was very helpful. I think I will try the original Razr. I'm getting excited!!! Do you know if the Razr will be getting ICS soon? That would just be icing on the cake, Lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    If you are looking to get a great phone with good battery life and at a great price, The Droid RAZR is an EXCELLENT choice. If you are looking for a great phone with great battery life and a $299.00 price tag the Droid RAZR Maxx will be an EXCELLENT choice. If both phones were $150.00 I'd say get the Maxx (for obvious reasons) If I was in your position I'd get the Droid RAZR (at that price and w/ that accessory deal it can't be beat)

Yes you can use your old SD card. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links