DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Non-Leather Belt Pouch?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3

Non-Leather Belt Pouch?

Has anyone been able to find a decent quality belt pouch that isn't made of leather for the RAZR? I've considered alternatives like case+holder combos but they seem to require removal of the case to dock the phone in the stock Motorola car and desk docks. I'm worried about scratching it if I carry it in my pocket too much.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    Has anyone been able to find a decent quality belt pouch that isn't made of leather for the RAZR? I've considered alternatives like case+holder combos but they seem to require removal of the case to dock the phone in the stock Motorola car and desk docks. I'm worried about scratching it if I carry it in my pocket too much.
    Good question but for me, I'd want leather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Thunderbolt
    I carry my Bionic in a RipOff belt pouch, velcro flap and steel spring clip keep my phone securely on my side. I'm still looking for a good case for the phone with the extended battery, it should still fit in my RipOff case.

G T Distributors Search Results
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    I use the case/holster from Verizon. The holster has a nice sturdy belt clip that really latches on and the case has a built in kickstand. There is an insert in the car dock that you remove and the phone fits the dock with the case installed.

Link to holster... I don't know why it says "Set Your Location"
    Set Your Location
    Last edited by SnoDrtRider; 01-31-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
    I use the case/holster from Verizon. The holster has a nice sturdy belt clip that really latches on and the case has a built in kickstand. There is an insert in the car dock that you remove and the phone fits the dock with the case installed.

Set Your Location
    I have the Motorola Navigation Dock and I tried that case you mention. It wasn't even close to fitting with the insert still in the dock. Once the insert was removed, I felt it to be fitting sloppy in the dock. When I pushed down the USB plug it seemed not to reach all the way into the socket and I could move the phone up and down once the USB plug was down. I think it was because of the way the case is cutout for the entire top and bottom and only wraps around the sides. If they'd made it closed on the ends with cutouts for the plugs at the top I feel it would fit better.

YRMV

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Good question but for me, I'd want leather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    I'm vegan so no leather for me.

Set Your Location
    Hrm... I'll give that a shot. I didn't notice any inserts on the car dock. Assume the desk dock has a similar insert?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

Set Your Location
    You can make it say whatever you want.

See? I made it say whatever I wanted.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I'm vegan so no leather for me.
    I'm reasonably certain that all plastic (and most rubber) manufacture uses stearic acid as a stabalising agent, and pretty much all stearic acid is derived from animal fat. Also, I hear that many plastics are made with trace amounts of gelatin, and that it's common for plastics to be fed to mice to see what the possible harm could be for humans who are stupid enough to eat their phones. Some glues/adhesives are also animal derived, but I should think that Motorola uses completely synthetic adhesives (though, in that case, where do the materials come from to make the synthetics?). This isn't even mentioning the workers in China, but they're just people . . .
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    I'm reasonably certain that all plastic (and most rubber) manufacture uses stearic acid as a stabalising agent, and pretty much all stearic acid is derived from animal fat. Also, I hear that many plastics are made with trace amounts of gelatin, and that it's common for plastics to be fed to mice to see what the possible harm could be for humans who are stupid enough to eat their phones. Some glues/adhesives are also animal derived, but I should think that Motorola uses completely synthetic adhesives (though, in that case, where do the materials come from to make the synthetics?). This isn't even mentioning the workers in China, but they're just people . . .
    Yes, yes. And there are scads of rodents and insects killed in the production of the vegetables and fruits I eat. I get it. It's hypocritical and will continue to be unless everyone's on the bandwagon. The best we can do is the best we can do so that's what I do.

Besides, that's pretty off-topic.

Back on-topic, the case suggested works pretty well with the desk dock minus insert. The car dock minus insert is a bit wobbly but the phone hasn't fallen out yet.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Hrm... I'll give that a shot. I didn't notice any inserts on the car dock. Assume the desk dock has a similar insert?
    Yes, the desk dock has an insert that's smoked glass in color, of course it's plastic though. It has a HUMP or square BUMP in the middle to support the phone without a case to the same depth as a phone with a case. Also as you'll see below, the dock is able to support he RAZR MAXX (as I had said in another thread but was told I was wrong).

Non-Leather Belt Pouch?-razrmaxxhdstsp1.png

"Professor FoxKat"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links