DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How can you do the equivalent of a battery pull with the Razr?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    The paperclip reset switch has been effectively replaced by an electronic version of the same. The two-button reset on the Droid RAZR is NOT a software dependent feature. It is a direct HARDWARE POWER CYCLE that is built-into the motherboard. When the two buttons are pressed for the 10 seconds it triggers an independent hardware process that can not be avoided or circumvented by a lock-up of the system or an app. Once the 10 seconds is up, the motherboard electronically cycles the power to itself so it accomplishes the same goal. The reason it waits 10 seconds is so that it is not triggered accidently. It is essentially the same as holding the power button on the front of most Windows PCs. The wait also drains the on-board power capacitors so that there is no residual power left when the power cycle takes place. It is similar to when the tech support reps tell you to pull the battery for 30 seconds to allow all power on the board to drain. Otherwise there is the possibility without draining the power capacitors that there could be components that are still in an active state once the battery is reconnected, and the reset may not be complete.
    Ok, that concern dismissed, now we're down to the merits of the phone. Thanks to all!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    Ok, that concern dismissed, now we're down to the merits of the phone. Thanks to all!
    Good luck with your decision. From my personal experience, the Razr is an exceptional phone...I love mine and would not trade it for any other smartphone on the market. I've had Treo, Blackberry and two other Android phones and the Razr is by far the best (yes, I have tried the Gnex and the Rezound). I don't want to start a fight...so I'll just say the Razr is the best.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links