DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not connected to an HDMI cable!?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I called Verizon about this and they'll be sending me a new one luckily

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorolla droid razr

Red face hdmi connection bs

I recently had same issue with phone saying HDMI Connected then pick where to store. I got my phone at Christmas so my phone just over month old when it started doing this. So i took my phone to Verizon store i got my phone to see if they could fix it or what to do. They told me to call 1-800-922-0204 from phone other than my Razr so i did. When i did it was Verizon & talked to tech they took me through few steps to try to fix it over phone. At end he said its probably 1 of 2 things 1st one of prongs in HDMI outlet at top of phone could be bent causing phone to think its connected when its not which was not the case with my phone. So the 2nd issue they said was hardware problem so they Fed-exed me new phone overnight free & all had to do was return 1st phone within 5days. Just got new phone yesterday. I had 1st looked to this sight before going to Verizon and saw were there was quit a few other people having the same problem but with no awnsers that helped me out. I think that was because hardware problem. Well sorry for the long posting but i was hoping this could be helpful to someone out there with the same problem i was having.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have the same problem and When you bring it down the options gives you "Select Dock Type" Webtop, My gallery, mirror on display or My music. that's what pops up wheni click it
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Same problem with my phone

I am having the exact same issues that you all have mentioned. I have found that if when I undock I go to settings and disable the connect to HDMI the prompt goes away I then turn it back on when I dock my phone not a great solution but since I am only a few months away from an upgrade this will work in the short term. Motorola really needs to figure this out I absolutely love the Droid and Razr line of phones, (even though I had a moment of weakness and had an Iphone for a short time I soon found my senses and came back to the light ) and want to keep usign but I also hate defects and if the next phone does the same I will be seriously disappointed.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR (Verizon)
    I left earlier message with same problem. Had several responses. Only thing that worked was a complete factory reset and a waste of a few hours to reinstall and setup all the apps again. (arizgent)
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr

Get Same Message.

I have had my Motorola Razr for about a year and a half. I have never docked my phone nor connected and HDMI cable. I started to get the error message about the HDMI about three weeks ago after a software update. I spoke to Verizon and Motorola (Level 2) tech support. No solution. I have tried all the suggestions on the thread to no avail. I cannot wait for Augut when I can get a new phone. I will also go for the replacement insurance.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links