DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx released already

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Have they released official specs yet comparing the two? I could see this being like a D2 ---> D2G transition where some things are a little off between the two. Will ROMs be interchangeable between the two devices? Same kernels on "OG" DRazr and Maxx?... and I know they are both receiving ICS, but I was thinking in terms of more long term OTA updates, where the original Razr might not get the same bug fix OTAs that the Maxx might receive. Just a possibility in my opinion. I certainly hope Moto doesn't do this. I was strictly Moto until my G-Nex .
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    The Maxx is just a RAZR with extended battery? 8.9 mm (MAXX) vs 7.1 mm (RAZR1)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    satarecah likes this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    This is exactly why I'll never buy a device with unremovable battery. Very happy with my Bionic thus far.
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Last time I checked my razr works fine and the battery life is fine. One of my favorite things about my razr is how thin it is i'm not sure if I would change that for a slighty bigger battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Zandar likes this.
    "Took a right on Lyndale I'm getting near, but then the road became empty and the people disappeared, the clouds ran away, opened up the sky. And one by one I watched every constellation die."-Slug

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Wait, are you telling me a mobile device manufacturer came out with a newer model of one of their devices?

NOOOO!!!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!!!

I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.
    enlightened and RETG like this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Little thicker device with a bigger battery is not enough to get me upset. I'm happy with battery life and how thin the device is.

Now come out with a Quad Core and new screen technology on the MAXX and then there is an issue Not even the least bit upset.
    Ill say it again i love you same here untill a droid comes out with quad im not upset the very least i just wish gameloft or some people would go "hey maybe we should make our brand new graphical games for the razr duuuur" lol seems like alot apps are still not available for the razr >.> im happy with my dual core device till quad core is main stream
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    Wait, are you telling me a mobile device manufacturer came out with a newer model of one of their devices?

NOOOO!!!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!!!

I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.
    +1Hey guys be thankful that Moto is not like (I hate to even type it) APPLE or Blackberry who comes out with a new device maybe every 12 months or so. In the not to distant future we're going to be looking to upgrade to a better more capable phone. We all benefit by Moto "pushing the outside of the envelope" and staying competitive in this fast moving market...it only benefits us in the long run. I just wish they had purple when I bought my Razr on 11.11.11...NOT.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    This is extremely insensitive and insulting and this sort of response needs to stop. In my case I've spent virtually my entire career in the tech sector and that encompasses 30 years including working for many of the top tech companies and being an author of a best-selling tech sector book series. In other words, I know this industry well so you can take your insults and put them where they belong--under the uninformed rock where you drudged them up from.

I'm miffed about this not because I'm ignorant enough to not understand that companies release new products but that, in the face of a clear concern--their first device of the genre without an upgradeable battery and clear concerns from their customers about said design--that they showed their own belief in the product I bought from them by releasing and hyping a nearly-identical product that clearly is designed to help offset those very concerns. In other words, this product stands as clear evidence of the belief that the original product has design issues. Had this product come about in 6 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I've been on the bleeding edge most of my life and used many products long before any typical consumer could hope to get their hands on them. I know what buying early means but this is simply a direct insult to everyone who bought a RAZR less than 8 weeks ago. There is absolutely zero doubt that Motorola knew this product was in the pipeline and said absolutely nothing to anyone about it. The reason they didn't is they knew it would mean many people would wait but waiting was simply not an option for them. Instead, they had to have this product out there for Christmas--customers be damned.
    Last edited by Agrajag; 01-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    jmurra likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    Could we stop tossing insults back and forth and talk like civilzed adults on the topic? Im waiting for a spec list i want to see if cpu or ram is diff
    FoxKat likes this.
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by satarecah View Post
    Could we stop tossing insults back and forth and talk like civilzed adults on the topic?
    You must be new here.
    FoxKat likes this.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links