DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droid Razr ROMS and gorilla glass

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by makilavelli View Post
    Yeah, ended up getting a ZAGG for it as it came highly recommended from my friends due to the warranty and customer service. Not as soft as the naked glass, but looks great, was easy to apply and I can sleep easy knowing it's protected. Put a CaseMate Tough Case on it as well. Held off as long as I could on a case, but having two toddlers who somehow manage to get their hands on "everything" at some point really sealed the deal.
    Went to BestBuy to get a ZAGG screen protector... guy said not to put it on razr because the coating on the gorilla glass doesnt allow the adhesive to stick... anyone heard the same thing or having problems with their ZAGG? (this might be because best buy uses the spray on protector... or theyre idiots)
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Haha...well, hate to name call....but...they're idiots. ZAGG wouldn't be producing phone-specific shields and Best Buy wouldn't be swearing by them if they didn't adhere to them. I have one on mine and went on perfectly. Even applied it myself although Best Buy gives you the option to have it installed there. Gives the screen a glossy finish with a little bit of texture, but still nice and soft and from watching several videos/movies I can tell you that it really doesn't take away from the screen.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    i have the defender series case with their screen protecter popped out to use my zagg screen sheild :P
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by v13tryceboi View Post
    Went to BestBuy to get a ZAGG screen protector... guy said not to put it on razr because the coating on the gorilla glass doesnt allow the adhesive to stick... anyone heard the same thing or having problems with their ZAGG? (this might be because best buy uses the spray on protector... or theyre idiots)
    I got my Droid Razr a few weeks ago and bought my Zagg screen protector from RadioShack. The sales associate there used the spray that comes inside the Zagg screen protector packaging. He applied the screen protector on for free and he didn't mention anything about the screen protector not sticking to the screen and like I said earlier the Zagg screen protector comes with a limited life time warrenty but apparently you have to register your screen protector on their website or something. My screen protector doesn't show any signs of coming off so I don't know what the Best Buy associate was talking about. If anyone does buy a Zagg screen protector I would recommend Radio Shack or Amazon.com because they tend to be cheaper there than Best Buy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links