DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

Long story short I dropped me new RAZR and 31 days of ownership, I purchased the Best Buy protection plan, so I returned the phone to them and it was mailed off for repair or replacement. Best Buy use STAR insurance and the phone was "junked out" I was issued a gift card and decided to try out the new Nexus I was hearing so much about. Waste of time, I returned the Nexus today after 6 days of a really bad ass camera with ZERO shutter lag and cool panoramic shots.
    If you are considering the Nexus and have a RAZR, READ the Nexus forums here, there is a reason they have so many threads, all the issues are very real. Lots of disappointed buyers out there, that have already returned. Definitely not the Cell phone Savior it was cracked up to be. When RAZR gets ICS it will be a slaughter against the nexus. lol
    Galaxy Nexus Cons
    1. Horrible reception for voice and data.
    2. Samsung stock music player doesn't recognize .wma's
    3. Low volume for external speaker.
    4. Super SLOW SLOW tranfer and copy rate transfering files to/from pc. ( 40 plus minutes for 2 gig of music)
    5. Music player volume faded in and out.
    6.Horrible battery life with minimal use. Down to 39% in 4 hours of LIGHT use.

Phone was just very buggy in general, I realize ICS is new I just feel this phone wasnt ready to be relased yet. Since I never had any of theses with my RAZR, I am now thrilled to have one Back. My only concern with the RAZR is the screens are definitively fragile. Have to highly recommend insurance to anyone who is purchasing one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAZR dropped, then Galaxy  Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)-imag0209.jpg   RAZR dropped, then Galaxy  Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)-imag0210.jpg  
    Last edited by jrws6; 01-01-2012 at 03:02 PM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Glad you have a phone that you like now. Thank goodness we get a choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    jroc likes this.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    Glad you have a phone that you like now. Thank goodness we get a choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanks, No offense meant to you or anyone else with a Nexus, Just posting my personal story and experinces. I hope I had a dud Nexus bc there is a lot of good points I didn't go into as far as user customization things. I just knew the RAZR was for me. Always had good luck with MOTO's
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Just waiting for the GNex trolls to show up and start flaming your post but both phones are good choices but I prefer my Kevlar coated Razr over a plastic phone any day. I feel that the Razr is more overall great phone over the nexus. Another satisfied Razr owner if you ask me :-)

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I love the nexus but I respect people's choices. Get the phone that works best for you.
    jroc and milkshed27 like this.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I prefer a true Google phone over a wannabe bulletproof phone.

Thank god for options.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    I hate moto's and after getting the bionic, i couldn't sell it fast enough. I thought it would be different but it wasn't. Now I'm either going to get myself a Nexus, Rezound, or keep my i4 until the i5 comes and see what thats about. The good thing for us is we always have a choice and multiple ones at that.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Threads like this are making me consider refusing the G Nex delivery on Wed... Not replacing my RAZR, very nice reception and battery life....very close to or a lil better than my DX1...which was great for both. I think the DX1 might be what I compare other phones to for both. I said I was gonna switch to a family plan to have more than 1 phone. Will see how it goes over the next few months.

Reception and battery life are my biggest wants n needs. If I cant get what I want out the box...I dont think one should have to run custom ROMs just to get decent battery life with it being 2012. Not when other recent phones are tested and have alot higher overall battery life. Just the fact that the RAZR and Bionic have a higher talk time battery life based on tests vs the Droid X1, the more advanced tech doesnt necessarily mean battery drain. LTE is another story...

Coulda been a dud. Who knows. But in all my years I have yet to have to exchange a phone for battery life and reception. Guess I'm just extremely lucky. And after 2 exchanges or 2 bad experiences I'm on to another manufacture. I usually do alot of research before buying. Although....me doing extensive research started after my experience with the Omnia 1...lol. After the Omnia 1 its been Motorola ever since.

Yes choice is good. We all have different wants n needs. Man.... threads like this are making my decision on Wed hard...cuz I did wanna compare it to my RAZR.
    Last edited by jroc; 01-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    Honestly, if i were you id take the GN, the Gnex is a better device for a true Android experience, and the fact the phone was built for ICS (having soft touch buttons and all).
    Moto's have never been my cup of tea.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Threads like this are making me consider refusing the G Nex delivery on Wed... Not replacing my RAZR, very nice reception and battery life....very close to or a lil better than my DX1...which was great for both. I think the DX1 might be what I compare other phones to for both. I said I was gonna switch to a family plan to have more than 1 phone. Will see how it goes over the next few months.

Reception and battery life are my biggest wants n needs. If I cant get what I want out the box...I dont think one should have to run custom ROMs just to get decent battery life with it being 2012. Not when other recent phones are tested and have alot higher overall battery life. Just the fact that the RAZR and Bionic have a higher talk time battery life based on tests vs the Droid X1, the more advanced tech doesnt necessarily mean battery drain. LTE is another story...

Coulda been a dud. Who knows. But in all my years I have yet to have to exchange a phone for battery life and reception. Guess I'm just extremely lucky. And after 2 exchanges or 2 bad experiences I'm on to another manufacture. I usually do alot of research before buying. Although....me doing extensive research started after my experience with the Omnia 1...lol. After the Omnia 1 its been Motorola ever since.

Yes choice is good. We all have different wants n needs. Man.... threads like this are making my decision on Wed hard...cuz I did wanna compare it to my RAZR.
    I've read all kinds of posts on how horrible the battery life/reception is on the GNex and even though I only test drove the GNex at the Verizon store a few weeks back and just wasn't pleased with with anything about it at all. Glad I got my Razr when I did. Nothing against Samsung or the GNex just my personal opinions and what hands on I did.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Links