DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Razr vs. Bionic

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

Razr vs. Bionic

Greetings, all. Newb here. I searched around but couldn't find an on-point thread, so here goes.

I have a Bionic. The data drops are killing me. I know there is a new update out or coming out that is supposed to fix it, yadda yadda. But I just got so sick of it today, that I called Verizon and ordered a Razr. I have until 1/15 to decide which one to keep.

Soooooo I would like some feedback: should I keep the Bionic or go for the Razr? Why?

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere (and if so, please direct me to the thread).

Thanks for your help and feedback!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    My brother has the Bionic,I have the Razr...there both terrible,both have the latest software updates,and both lose data for no reason what so ever...If reliable data is more important than data speed(when you have it) then Id return both for a 3G device....slow but reliable....With the Razr,to often its like I have my ipod touch as a phone,have to stop at places with wifi to send or receive email....
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Verizon is having problems with their LTE it has nothing to do with the phones, and this problem has been rare maybe a total of two days since I've had my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    "Took a right on Lyndale I'm getting near, but then the road became empty and the people disappeared, the clouds ran away, opened up the sky. And one by one I watched every constellation die."-Slug

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Problem may be rare for you..but I assure you this is daily continuous problem for us here, new sim cards have been tried with both devices and its random and yiu just have to toggle airplane mode and hope to pick 3g up...Ive been without data over 20.minutes 3x this week alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yea it does suck that Verizon is having LTE issues right now. Sucks for G Nex owners too. No one can really pinpoint whats the problem...is it their phone or the network. Do Rezound owners have connection issues? That might be the phone to get right now...lol.

As for the Bionic vs. RAZR.... It depends. They are so similar its almost a wash to be honest.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegreco16 View Post
    Verizon is having problems with their LTE it has nothing to do with the phones, and this problem has been rare maybe a total of two days since I've had my phone

So switch it over to cdma only....
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Do Rezound owners have connection issues? That might be the phone to get right now...lol.
    I've had Rezound for a couple of weeks now with no connectivity issues whatever.
    However, prior to my purchase, I was in a verizon store exploring which phone to get, and they were talking about having 4G issues all day.
    Neither the Rezound, the Bionic or the Razr had 4G connection.
    Perhaps it would help to mention what part of the country you're in, since this could be a local issue.
    I'm in the denver area.

As far as the Razr vs the other phones, I liked the thin lightweight feel but hated the blue hue of the screen, or was it green? I don't remember. Suffice to say that I couldn't get a purely white screen.
    That and the non-removable battery put the kabosh on the Razr.

However, in retrospect, the battery thing is less of a drop dead when I found out that the replacement battery for the Rezound is somewhere between $25 and $40!

How insulting is that?

B
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaShowtime View Post
    So switch it over to cdma only....
    I have put mine in CDMA only hoping to eliminate the problem but it hasn't, still drops connectivity on my razr.

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    ^^^^^ Yes that's a myth. It still affects your phone. I've watched it happen on 3G phones too here in my house. DX and DX2 specifically. However, I did a hard reset on my RAZR yesterday and it's been much better. So makes me wonder, those who have done the software update (probably everyone) try doing a hard reset and see if that helps.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    ^^^^^ Yes that's a myth. It still affects your phone. I've watched it happen on 3G phones too here in my house. DX and DX2 specifically. However, I did a hard reset on my RAZR yesterday and it's been much better. So makes me wonder, those who have done the software update (probably everyone) try doing a hard reset and see if that helps.
    I've done everything I can do, even the recommended full factory reset which is a pain. Today was a new RAZR low as I lost data connectivity while on a call so therefore I lost my call while on it and could not dial out again (only emergency calls it tells me). Had to do a hard reset then I was ok again.

My company has a corporate account so I got a hold of our local account rep, she put me on hold for several minutes while she talked to a technician. She confirms that it is a Motorola issue, not a Verizon issue and that Motorola is working on a fix. Who knows how long though? She thinks my phone is worse than others and is sending me a new phone, I'll have it tomorrow and will post in a day or two if another RAZR makes a difference. If not, as much as I would like to stay with the RAZR, I am going to switch out to the Nexus. Love everything about the RAZR except the fact that 100% of the time I go between 3g and 4g I lose connectivity and can't easily get it back. That is a dealbreaker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links