DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Droid Razr/General Android concerns

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    I have both....4S and RAZR. Boy there are some Apple haters here!! I'm not going to get into which is the more polished OS. Because I'd start a war. I rate the 4S a 98 and the RAZR a 96. I love both. Someone commented on the width of the RAZR. It is TOO wide and I have big hands. iPhone definetly fits great in your hand. Don't let anyone fool you, I'd much rather surf the web on my iPhone than the RAZR. The retina display is much better for viewing text. I rarely have to zoom in. Music.....are we going to debate which has a better music player, whether you bought the music from Apple or not?? No, it's the iPhone. Who has the best navigation?? RAZR, hands down. I love Google navigation. Best camera?? iPhone 4S. What I'm saying is....THEY ARE BOTH GREAT DEVICES. But for $199 compared to $299, I'd easily say the 4S is a better value.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    I have both....4S and RAZR. Boy there are some Apple haters here!! I'm not going to get into which is the more polished OS. Because I'd start a war. I rate the 4S a 98 and the RAZR a 96. I love both. Someone commented on the width of the RAZR. It is TOO wide and I have big hands. iPhone definetly fits great in your hand. Don't let anyone fool you, I'd much rather surf the web on my iPhone than the RAZR. The retina display is much better for viewing text. I rarely have to zoom in. Music.....are we going to debate which has a better music player, whether you bought the music from Apple or not?? No, it's the iPhone. Who has the best navigation?? RAZR, hands down. I love Google navigation. Best camera?? iPhone 4S. What I'm saying is....THEY ARE BOTH GREAT DEVICES. But for $199 compared to $299, I'd easily say the 4S is a better value.
    i'm probably getting the 32gb version if i get the 4s so the price point is the same for both

as somebody with both can you comment on battery life. i know the razr has the better battery but in practical use which do you see getting better battery life
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Battery life is iPhone 4S. I won't say it's a huge difference, but 4S wins. And due to the redesigned antenna, the 4S has slightly better reception.
    Last edited by Icyhot1966; 12-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    All of these are great arguments! I sum it up like this. Are you a conformist? A follower? Think inside the box? Then go for an iPhone. It is very simple to use and idiot proof. My wife has one and my two year old daughter can do anything on it from download apps to play angry birds.

On the other hand, if you are innovative, like customization, and options, then Android all day long. I have been with Android since day one of the OG, then on to the X, and now the RAZR and I have loved all three of them!
    ULTIMATE DROID
    Chevy 1.25 ULV
    WATERMARK'd

Follow me on Twitter @DMV11982
    Request me on FACEBOOK
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    You can't go wrong with either device. They both perform stellar right out of the box. They are worry free handsets.

I say whatever you choose is a win win. Nothing needs to be said about the iPhone. Its solid, smooth, well built and it works. Doesn't get any better than that.

The Droid RAZR is an iconic device that flat out kicks butt. Minute you activate it you will see what a fantastic job Motorola did on it.

No Android device comes close to the craftsmanship and materials used on the RAZR. Its thin is just flat out bad to the bone.

I'm very happy with it.

Those are my thoughts. 2 great devices that will deliver over the course of your contract.

Sent from Droid RAZR
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    do you guys have to pay the 2.99 fee for visual voicemail on your phones?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    You can't go wrong with either device. They both perform stellar right out of the box. They are worry free handsets.

I say whatever you choose is a win win. Nothing needs to be said about the iPhone. Its solid, smooth, well built and it works. Doesn't get any better than that.

The Droid RAZR is an iconic device that flat out kicks butt. Minute you activate it you will see what a fantastic job Motorola did on it.

No Android device comes close to the craftsmanship and materials used on the RAZR. Its thin is just flat out bad to the bone.

I'm very happy with it.

Those are my thoughts. 2 great devices that will deliver over the course of your contract.

Sent from Droid RAZR
    +1...The RAZR, IMO, is the best Android on Verizon and probably any other carrier as well. Even the Rezound, which I used for a week, isn't in the same league as the RAZR.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by doctraveler12 View Post
    It's free with an iPhone but for any other phone I believe you have to pay for it.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctraveler12 View Post
    Try Youmail for free. There's a great free app and I've been using it for over two years. I love it. It already greets my callers by their names, kinda blows them away. You can even record a custom private greeting for every individual person you want to. I can listen to their messages without making a call, can delete right from the app.

You can also manage your voicemail from any browser. It doesn't get much better, and doesn't get any better for free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Last edited by FoxKat; 12-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Razr (Black)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links